Oakville 485 Trafalgar Rd | ?m | 19s | First Capital | Giannone Petricone

Amazing how quickly these plazas come and go. How old is the current plaza?

I like the proposal. The scale and proximity to the GO is perfect.

My family moved to Oakville from Etobicoke in 2000 when I was 4. At the time, the whole site was a lumber yard served by rail. I’d say the plaza was developed around 2005 (there was a Blockbuster video there that I loved as a kid). So yes, not a ton of longevity, but happy to see more density coming, even if my neighbours don’t like it!

IMG_7544.JPG
IMG_7545.JPG

This is rapidly becoming even a busier corner of OT. I grew up in this area and can remember, as do you, the rather excellent lumber yard on this site, followed by the chandlers yard etc.

The underage crowd will miss the present establishment, but as noted this looks interesting. Is the parking soley the Developement or does it morph into the existing parking for Whole Foods.

And then, and sorry if I digress, have you seen any tidbits re the future of the SE corner - the carpet retailer destroyed by fire and the long gone gas station.

Across the rail bridge on the west side ( ex Licks etc) that appears to be all up for redevelopment, but nothing yet on the east side, the old Chevy dealership - a larger sized property and one basically now beIng used as a bicycle shop and parking.

Back