Toronto Forma | 308m | 84s | Great Gulf | Gehry Partners

Here's the landing page on Great Gulf's website. No new info here, but the project is referred to by them as 'Gehry Condos' : https://www.greatgulf.com/highrise/community/gehry-condos

"Gehry is a visionary statement that will define the Toronto skyline: This is where modern luxury meets smart design to provide a mindful and curated experience for both residents and visitors."

I would presume a Spring/Summer 2022 launch if the sales centre is being constructed now.

I'd agree with you. It's all looking like a late spring 2022 launch for sales, which means since we already have full approvals...initial construction could begin as early as summer 2023. A project like this though won't be finished in 3 years. More like 5. So the best case scenario for completion is 2028, but if I was wagering money on it I'd say 2030.

I'd agree with you. It's all looking like a late spring 2022 launch for sales, which means since we already have full approvals...initial construction could begin as early as summer 2023. A project like this though won't be finished in 3 years. More like 5. So the best case scenario for completion is 2028, but if I was wagering money on it I'd say 2030.

I would think the sal

5 years after shovels in the ground? I understand it's a big project, but that seems like a long time. I guess it depends. The way skytower is going, seems like it will be done in two years, and the first building is almost done. "The One" on the other hand started excavating around Nov '17 I believe, so that was 5 years ago.

So it could go either way maybe??

5 years after shovels in the ground? I understand it's a big project, but that seems like a long time. I guess it depends. The way skytower is going, seems like it will be done in two years, and the first building is almost done. "The One" on the other hand started excavating around Nov '17 I believe, so that was 5 years ago.

So it could go either way maybe??

I would imagine 4-5 years, also it's safe to assume this will be a phased launch/construction, so that would draw out the timeline as well.

I would imagine 4-5 years, also it's safe to assume this will be a phased launch/construction, so that would draw out the timeline as well.

Yeah I agree, I think one of the towers will be finished in 5 years (hopefully the supertall) and maybe the other will be closer to 8 years.

Last edited:
Developers pass cost of years of delays to the buyer.
Does anyone has an idea how much it could be in this case ?
I'm afraid even to guess.

For sure this will be 4 to 5 years of construction on each tower. They are detailed and complex, much more so than what we saw over at pinnacle. Pinnacle already did the largest part of the podium with the first tower which would also help speed things along over there for the later phases.

There's no way this would be less than 4 years from start to finish of construction but could even be looking at over 8-10 years total when accounting for what will likely be phased work.

From the OPA that the city passed in 2014...
Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 2.16.33 PM.png

I hope to see the results of this policy, as the current design (imo) is trash. On November 24, the city's planners and the design team met to discuss the architecture and landscaping of this project. I'll try to find out what agreement they came to for the next resubmission of the design.

Looking at the latest renderings I believe they have over the years made a lot of simplifications to the building's structure however I would still estimate 5 years from shoring to final interior completion with a concrete frame, maybe six months less for a steel frame. That would be going very aggressively without any supply or work issues. One thing I can stay for sure is god willing I'll be glued to this form.

Edit: Yes I did say very aggressively meaning the shortest time I feel possible. It might well be more economical to take a bit of extra time. Economics will play a big part in the schedule.

Last edited:
The One on Bloor/Yonge will end up being a 7 year build, and there's every reason to believe that the first tower here will also be the same, but that the second tower could go up quicker, on the same base.

Updated architectural plans were uploaded to the AIC on November 19th, 2021. No major changes in the design, but some noticeable changes when looking at fine details. Bringing some of the detailed elevation drawings forward:

View attachment 374726
View attachment 374727View attachment 374728
View attachment 374729
View attachment 374730
View attachment 374731
View attachment 374732
View attachment 374733
View attachment 374734
View attachment 374735
Thank you for these. It's looking good. I have heard we will see a sales office opening by the Spring? I forget the exact timing on that.

Note to GG, et al: You can't screw this one up. So no oil canning, no green glass, no grey spandrel and no value engineered wiggle room. This is the one building where we have the chance to show the world what we are made of...so anything less will be head in the sand embarrassing. Thnkx!

Last edited by a moderator:

Back