Mississauga M1 & M2 at M City | 197.81m | 60s | Rogers Real Estate | Core Architects

So to my understanding they're just pivoting each rectangular floor plate back and fourth from the centre as they build upwards to get that effect...like one can do with a stack of cards?
Yes and the effect is quite dramatic. I'm shock builders haven't done it more often, it's much more common to see some form of continually twisting floorplates. Which to be fair is interesting too but much more common place.

Yes and the effect is quite dramatic. I'm shock builders haven't done it more often, it's much more common to see some form of continually twisting floorplates. Which to be fair is interesting too but much more common place.
It is not exactly like a deck of cards, where each card is the same shape, but where each card is a different shaped parallelogram: where two of the opposite sides remain parallel with the floors above and below, and the two other sides angles are slightly adjusted from floor to floor.

Probably because there's a lot more costs involved to finangle such an effect.

It is not exactly like a deck of cards, where each card is the same shape, but where each card is a different shaped parallelogram: where two of the opposite sides remain parallel with the floors above and below, and the two other sides angles are slightly adjusted from floor to floor.
And thanks for explaining that.

4F414EF6-F604-477B-8468-D36874650D2D.jpeg
M1 and M2 filling in the skyline from my vantage point at YYZ.

It's funny - thirty years ago (I can even remember T3's opening day in Feb of '91) I spent a lot of time looking at that view when I worked on the ramp at T3 and it was vastly different back then! There was maybe a handful of buildings visible then.
And here is the opposite view between M1 and M2 is Terminal 3 - From Jan 4th.

DJI_0239.JPG

View attachment 373693M1 and M2 filling in the skyline from my vantage point at YYZ.
I always ‘worry’ that a percentage of visitors passing through Pearson or flying over the Mississauga downtown might think they are seeing the Toronto downtown core, as most people would not be aware that the fairly large cluster of buildings nearby Toronto Pearson int airport is not actually Toronto.

By the same token you can also see the CN Tower on most approaches which tends to be in more tourist literature/websites so I don't think it is too much of a concern.

By the same token you can also see the CN Tower on most approaches which tends to be in more tourist literature/websites so I don't think it is too much of a concern.
Then again, sitting across the isle from passengers as I was travelling back from Woodstock by Via Rail in the anecdcotal, who where mistaking Hamilton for Toronto as we where passing over the Niagara Escarpment some years back. And they sounded local... >.<

Maybe Mississauga should build its own tall tourist attraction.

I always ‘worry’ that a percentage of visitors passing through Pearson or flying over the Mississauga downtown might think they are seeing the Toronto downtown core, as most people would not be aware that the fairly large cluster of buildings nearby Toronto Pearson int airport is not actually Toronto.

And so what if they do, it's actually forming into a pretty impressive skyline of its own. Heck I think today's Mississauga skyline looks more impressive than Toronto's skyline did before the current boom if you're using the airport as your vantage point. Only the CN Tower, FCP & Scotia really stood out in the 90s from the airport. And in any case it'll only make it all the more impressive for them when they see Toronto's actual skyline coming into the city from say the Gardiner.

Back