Toronto 252 Church | 166.1m | 52s | CentreCourt | Arcadis

Is there some urban design guideline I don't know about that requires all new buildings near Dundas/Jarvis to have a grid pattern? 😕

Looks like Grid Condos v2.0. Not that i'm complaining, because Grid Condo (exterior design wise) is sadly probably one of the better builds in the architectural wasteland known as Dundas and Jarvis.

I can also see the podium still looks atrocious however.
I disagree, Grid Condos is ugly. Disheveled.

Screenshot_20211118-094134_Instagram.jpg

Have we seen this before?

Last edited:
It's tall! But it would make more of a visual impact if it was 10 to 15 storeys higher! Viewing it from Dundas Square as seen in the the photo up above.

It's tall! But it would make more of a visual impact if it was 10 to 15 storeys higher! Viewing it from Dundas Square as seen in the the photo up above.

I agree, I think Yonge and Dundas Square need some nice tall buildings to give it more impact in terms of being cool city centre.

Last edited:
I don't argue for more height often but agree with the some of the sentiments here. Despite the much discussed design failures of Dundas Square it's undeniably one of the most photographed places in the country. It continues to evolve/improve and has arguably become the psychological heart of the city.

The eastern edge of Dundas Square needs 1-2 statement buildings. If not here, then when the Bond Hotel gets re-developed.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I don't argue for more height often but agree with the some of the sentiments here. Despite the much discussed design failures of Dundas Square it's undeniably one of the most photographed places in the country. It continues to evolve/improve and has arguably become the psychological heart of the city.

The eastern edge of Dundas Square needs 1-2 statement buildings. If not here, then when the Bond Hotel gets re-developed.
Good luck with that. The City's in the process of trying to buy the Bond Place Hotel to turn it into a permanent homeless shelter. (The City rented the hotel during the pandemic for use as a homeless shelter and would like to make that permanent.)

Does anyone reckon that the house originally at 250 Church Street should also be preserved? It looks like it could potentially have heritage status as well, looking like a townhome from around 1900 (plus/minus 20 years).

AE6724E0-0AD2-4039-B946-F1E1CDF433BD.jpeg

Back