News   Mar 28, 2024
 523     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 338     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 348     0 

GO Transit Midtown Corridor

I don't really get why people seem to like his fantasy videos where he gives no actual reason other than his own personal thoughts as facts and think that it's the greatest thing since sliced bread and that Metrolinx should do exactly what he thinks they do.
Agreed. I like love the station overviews and updates... the fact based videos which are focused on the images of the station and environment. Great camera work, the other person who comments in some of the videos is great too. I'm not a fan of the talking head here is my opinion videos that are clearly not from someone involved in working with budgets, modelling behaviors and traffic patterns, etc. There are all these tools and models that real planners use to understand the return on investment and how one decision both adds and subtracts ridership, but who cares, Mikey likes it and budgets are limitless. If I see the highlight image of the video is a guy making a strange face then clearly the video isn't going to be meaningful enough to watch.

I don't really get why people seem to like his fantasy videos where he gives no actual reason other than his own personal thoughts as facts and think that it's the greatest thing since sliced bread and that Metrolinx should do exactly what he thinks they do.
It bothers me to no end that people listen to his ridiculous and outlandish ideas.

Last edited:
It bothers me to know end that people listen to his ridiculous and outlandish ideas.
A Midtown Service (and many of his proposals) are probably never going to happen. I don't think dismissing everything as outlandish is fair, either (and it's an indicator of the frustration with transit progress; we want more transit and we don't care how it gets done).

It bothers me to know end that people listen to his ridiculous and outlandish ideas.
Are some of his ideas fantastical? Maybe, but nothing about them are "ridiculous and outlandish". The midtown corridor is a realistic idea long term. Maybe not 10 years from now, but something like 20-30 years from now definitely. Heck the project was on the 2008 Big Move plan, and if we ever do build the Missing Link, it would probably rise up as an extremely high priority corridor and line.

A Midtown Service (and many of his proposals) are probably never going to happen. I don't think dismissing everything as outlandish is fair, either (and it's an indicator of the frustration with transit progress; we want more transit and we don't care how it gets done).

I would never say never. GO has indeed looked into it several times, and if the Missing Link ever does happen, it could be a reality.

Anytime soon though? no.

I thought Johnathon English's "City Rail" proposal was rediculous and outlandish, and GO-RER work has already started.

(keep in mind this post is from 2012 but Johnathon originally proposed this idea back in 2010)

I thought Johnathon English's "City Rail" proposal was rediculous and outlandish, and GO-RER work has already started.

(keep in mind this post is from 2012 but Johnathon originally proposed this idea back in 2010)
I don't really see how outlandish it is, what's the major difference between City Rail and GO RER? Almost everything in that proposal (excluding a couple of stations) has been discussed seriously at some point or another.

Downtown used to be below Bloor Street (1950's). Today, it can be considered above Eglinton Avenue (2020's). The "midtown corridor" is now within the "new downtown" (Summerhill & Dupont Subway Stations). Even the Science Centre & Sunnybrook Park Stations along the Eglinton Crosstown LRT could be considered in the "newer downtown". Toronto is growing and in the process, so is the downtown.

Back