Toronto 5238 Dundas West | 135.9m | 41s | Main and Main | Arcadis

Are you serious? This project is literally across the street from Kipling station.
oops... I got it confused with the one across from food basic on Dundas (where cloverdale mall is )

but still people need parking spaces for the weekend trips , grocery shopping etc...

imagine being a married couple with 1 baby living in a 2 bedroom condo with no parking and having to go grocery shopping in the winter when its -20 C in that area

Last edited:
oops... I got it confused with the one across from food basic on Dundas (where cloverdale mall is )

but still people need parking spaces for the weekend trips , grocery shopping etc...

imagine being a married couple with 1 baby living in a 2 bedroom condo with no parking and having to go grocery shopping in the winter when its -20 C in that area

I get this point for sure. And Etobicoke around there is a hostile wasteland.

On the other hand there are many many people who cannot afford or do not choose to have a car and because of that there are plenty of people who need housing and who have no issue with having no parking. And if we can get more housing built and built more affordably and densely as a result at transit-accessible sites that are viable for people living without cars (either by choice or by necessity) that's a good thing to me.

Nice, although I'm not sure the single family homes behind this will be too happy, but it's hard to argue that it doesn't fit with the neighbourhood given what is across the street.
People who like to live in these kinds of areas like having access to both a vehicle (close to Hwy 427) and transit. The parking #s actually seem kind of low to me, but I'm all for it.

Been there (pretty much) but with grocery options farther away. Always shopped by bike/foot.

Walking across the street to Farm Boy would be much more convenient than getting in a car to go anywhere at all.

A) Load groceries into buggy, walk across the street to get home, go up elevator. Done.
B) Load groceries into shopping cart, bring to car, load into car, return cart, drive home, unload from car, carry (or buggy) groceries to elevator, done.

I'll go with Option A.

Shoppers and some other stuff is right around the corner too. I expect the retail landscape around there will change/improve as well.

Nice, although I'm not sure the single family homes behind this will be too happy, but it's hard to argue that it doesn't fit with the neighbourhood given what is across the street.
People who like to live in these kinds of areas like having access to both a vehicle (close to Hwy 427) and transit. The parking #s actually seem kind of low to me, but I'm all for it.

All those homes on Jopling have tower proposals.

Looking good to me I'm liking this!

The only things that irk me are the parkland dedication which is a joke/pointless, and the # of parking spots. This thing is right next to the Kipling Transit Hub, 177 spaces really?
Why not when the subway is there, GO Transit, TTC Bus Terminal and Mississauga Terminal. Love that low number.

I was implying the parking number should be even lower..
Agree and in the right direction.

Always catch a TTC bus to go to Cloverdale that has 2 grocer stores.

I'm not sure that park is entirely useless. The path coming from the neighbourhood to the west ends right there so this will continue that connection across to six points plaza.

Appealed to the OLT by the developer…

A55C1A39-B00F-447C-ABB6-2F9674473782.jpeg

DC833E90-A496-45B3-8308-C753123F32E0.jpeg

Attachments

• EB1B5A2B-8A84-4CB4-AFE7-BB9B2140CAD0.jpeg
    EB1B5A2B-8A84-4CB4-AFE7-BB9B2140CAD0.jpeg
    249.2 KB · Views: 70
Last edited by a moderator:
The new rendering is updated in the database. The total height changed from 130.92m to 135.90m. Storey count changed from 40 to 41 storey. Finally, total unit count changed from 475 units to 497 units.

Rendering taken from the architectural plan via Rezoning submission.

Attachments

• PLN - Architectural Plans - APR 19  2023-2.jpg
    PLN - Architectural Plans - APR 19 2023-2.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 30
May 14
I thought the restaurant had closed when I drove by in early April but with a full parking lot, apparently not. You can also see some of the homes to be demolished for the Jopling Ave project.
1684331765523.jpeg

Are we officially using Arcadis instead of IBI now for the name of that firm? It seems like not all that long ago it was Page + Steele..

Back