Toronto Maple House at Canary Landing | 89.61m | 26s | Dream | COBE Architects

Yes, there is talk of linking the Cherry Street streetcar tracks to those on Queen's Quay East and making a new loop (serving both) on Cherry, south of Commissioners. It is certainly not a done deal (there is lots of UT comment on the QQE Transit thread) and I have seen nothing that would mean the current loop would actually vanish (they may just make another one further south. Not quite fit for the Transit Fantasy thread but ....
The loop at Distillery would be removed as per Waterfront Toronto's latest plans, and be relocated to somewhere around Polson St on Cherry. Here's WaterfrontTO's two preferred options for the streetcar link to replace the current loop.
1624322114203-png.329581
1624322127242-png.329582

From this post

The loop at Distillery would be removed as per Waterfront Toronto's latest plans, and be relocated to somewhere around Polson St on Cherry. Here's WaterfrontTO's two preferred options for the streetcar link to replace the current loop.
1624322114203-png.329581
1624322127242-png.329582

From this post
Though I am certainly in favour of linking the existing Cherry St LRT line to the proposed QQE LRT line, the City and TTC's top priority is to get QQE done and this will likely mean a loop on QQE @ Parliament or (if we are lucky) on Cherry St south of Commissioners. The link below the rail berm is not going to be cheap and is not the top priority. Should it be done, YES. Will it be done? Not so sure!

First, great pics as always @skycandy

Second, I hope I'm not being premature in saying this, but I'm appreciating the execution on the brick here.

I'm not meaning the material itself, per se, (though that's nice), but rather, as compared to some projects, I'm seeing fewer overt seams, and those I can see tend to follow corners, logically and be reasonable in width. I'm also seeing a more even colouring across the install.

I'm comparing this in my head to the base of 299 Campbell which has serious issues w/mismatched, wide seams, and colour variation that is excessive and really detracts from that project.

Though I am certainly in favour of linking the existing Cherry St LRT line to the proposed QQE LRT line, the City and TTC's top priority is to get QQE done and this will likely mean a loop on QQE @ Parliament or (if we are lucky) on Cherry St south of Commissioners. The link below the rail berm is not going to be cheap and is not the top priority. Should it be done, YES. Will it be done? Not so sure!
If Cherry St punches through the rail berm, it has the potential to intersect QQE, as well as whatever streetcar runs through the Portlands. With Broadview extending south, you could run a streetcar from Broadview Station, down through the Portlands and westward into union station, which would almost be like a Downtown Relief Line. Cherry st from King would dip down, crossing that route on its way to the Polson loop.

Love the way it follows the sweep of the street, very elegant, the exterior materials may age well.

Wasn't it going to be paired with Metrolinx's widening of the bridge? Makes me think it has a better chance of being done sooner rather than later. At least the tunnelling part, who knows when the TTC will put tracks down.

Loving it so far, and thinking/hoping that its height gives us a gentle stagger effect with the much taller towers going in behind it.

Need to look again at the plans for everything and see how much retail/non-residential space has been allotted. Downtown adjacent, walkable and near transit are great- but I feel like with the number of future residents, we need to see some needs being met in these podiums.

Always thought it odd that they once branded the area as the “health district”, even promoted the TD as a “healthy branch” but you had to go 1km away to get a prescription filled.

Photos taken Sept 28th, 2021:

First, from the Don River Trail, just west of the Lake Shore Blvd Bike Bridge:

1632865155687.png

Now Zoomed:

1632865175038.png

Now a teaser from nearby, on Front Street:

1632865217037.png

Now up close:

1632865239364.png

1632865255981.png

1632865275685.png

Looking back from the west: