Toronto Ontario Line 3 | ?m | ?s

This image from the Housing Now site consultation last night at Don Mills / Eglinton shows a nice 3D massing of the OL alignment in this area. Notably, the OL station is shown as being quite a bit north of the intersection. This would make transfers from the Crosstown problematic. The platform also looks too short though, hopefully it extends further south closer to Eglinton in the actual plans.

E_SB1m2XMAIz8cd

If it would be placed here, wouldnt that put it right next to the new bus terminal?

Its a little bit of a walk, but it doesnt have to go under any other buildings.

If it would be placed here, wouldnt that put it right next to the new bus terminal?

Its a little bit of a walk, but it doesnt have to go under any other buildings.
Yeah I think the idea is to place it above the bus terminal, which will at least be good for those connections (which until the line is extended, would include anyone going further up Don Mills). However, certainly not ideal for anyone trying to transfer to/from the Crosstown. But this is Toronto after all, and we almost always seem to design notoriously bad transfer stations between subway lines.

in the presentation Q and A Metrolinx stated that extensions are being considered during the design but nothing concrete is being worked on now. further planning will being at the earliest once the Ontario line is substantially complete, and funding becomes available. However the general idea at Metrolinx is that the Ontario line ultimate northeast terminus is Don Mill and Sheppard, and that the western extension will go through Roncesvalles and link up with line 2. However there was no specific location for the interchange with line 2 was given. seems Metrolinx thinks the Ontario line loop is dumb, which i think most people agree.
I prefer the loop over going to south Etobicoke. Heck I prefer the loop to ending at exhibition were we just did a huge amount of construction.

Hopefully, there will be two elevators down to the platforms. In case, one is out-of-service for "maintenance", the other is available. Also bicycle, wheelchair, stroller, walker runnels, in case of power failures.
Found a better diagram showing the subway tunnel.
Screenshot_20210917-112706_Dropbox.jpg

It looks as though they're using a single bore.
Screenshot_20210917-113058_Dropbox.jpg

I guess with the small block sizes you can't get a straight run escalator down to at least concourse level at King/Bathurst?
Whereas the Corkdown station has enough space for a longer escalator drop
View attachment 349635

Definitely a hint of Westminister station in London. The platform and mezzanine looks mined (more or less as expected) - the cross-section is a giveaway.

AoD

Last edited:
This image from the Housing Now site consultation last night at Don Mills / Eglinton shows a nice 3D massing of the OL alignment in this area. Notably, the OL station is shown as being quite a bit north of the intersection. This would make transfers from the Crosstown problematic. The platform also looks too short though, hopefully it extends further south closer to Eglinton in the actual plans.

E_SB1m2XMAIz8cd

This slide from 2016 shows a secondary entrance to the Science Centre Crosstown Station at the bus terminal.

FEVTcyU.png

Last edited:

Back