Toronto 1631 Queen East | 64.7m | 18s | CreateTO | SvN

BRAT / Brian in the Beach Metro...

Beach_Metro_BRAT_LETTER_20210807.png

I think the most important thing to touch on is the underlying tone of that article above. For example, just read this sentence out loud to yourself and try not to feel the underlying disdain, emphasis mine but I think it's fair:

"TCHC and non-profit cooperatives have long been an accepted part of OUR community."
AKA, we, the taxpayers accept them or have in the past, and they are lucky that we do. To me, this feels like he thinks he owns the community. How obnoxious is that.

Also I find the comments after every paragraph where he calls things Trumpy, to be pretty childish. While Bradford has dropped the ball sometimes, that's not 'Trumpian'. Trump would never want affordable housing near his activities.

Hmmm, HARVEY's site at 1641 QUEEN STREET EAST is now "CLOSED for Renovations"..? This could just be the owners prepping for the grand-opening of the "HISTORY" music-venue a few doors away -- or maybe they're looking to cut-a-deal with the City to grow the HOUSING NOW lands..? (*TBD - will watch).

HARVEYS_LOCATION_RENO_20211002.png

Hmmm, HARVEY's site at 1641 QUEEN STREET EAST is now "CLOSED for Renovations"..? This could just be the owners prepping for the grand-opening of the "HISTORY" music-venue a few doors away -- or maybe they're looking to cut-a-deal with the City to grow the HOUSING NOW lands..? (*TBD - will watch).

View attachment 353000

I really do hope they cut a deal w/the City........its absurd to have to build around them.

Edit to add:

Though, that Harvey's last I saw it (haven't been in, in years, but it was severely dated, I think they missed at least 2 renovation cycles.)

Last edited:

View attachment 353000

A couple of notes on this:

1) This location does not show up currently on www.harveys.ca

2) No building permits have been pulled

Neither of which are necessarily indicative.....of anything..........

"Locals losing their minds about moderate changes" stories is like 60% of the content of BEACH METRO NEWS for the last 40 or 50 years...

Perhaps it's time to paint this kind of NIMBYism for what it is: anti-environment. Maybe then the light bulb will go on with some of these people. Not only do they not support TOD but they're the exact same people who don't ever want a Queen subway. If they had it their way, they'd be no PT at all as it brings 'outsiders' into 'their' neighbourhood.

Last edited:

Back