Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

A good comparison with Pinnacle One Yonge for similar height, but this one seems to have lots of steel bars for each floor (may be less for the upper floors) which would take time and less people to work on this project compared to Pinnacle.

Yeah tons of rebar on that floor and lots of work being done for the retail space at ground level (i.e the glass being installed, etc...) so it will be interesting to see how fast floors starting getting done once they get past the complexity of this bottom part.

Anyway, I was just mentioning it because I didn't realize it had been 5 months at least since we were waiting for the "big pour".

Last edited:
Pinnacle One Yonge is hardly a good comparison.

Yes progress has been slow here no denying that, but to say they only added two small floors and the supercolumns have remained at the same height for months. Of course they have, the supercolumns have probably been the easiest part of this site to assemble so far. It's putting up forms, pouring concrete and all that, that take so much longer.

Not to mention an absolutely massive transfer slab had to be poured as well. Yes it's been slow but there's been plenty of work that's been done in the last several months even in spite of it not looking quite so.

I'm really growing tired of hearing about it. It's been repeated ad nauseam, everyone knows this isn't making a breakneck pace but it's going at the pace it's going and nothing can change that so can we please just appreciate that we are seeing a world class building rising here and leave it at that.

Pinnacle One Yonge is hardly a good comparison.

Yes progress has been slow here no denying that, but to say they only added two small floors and the supercolumns have remained at the same height for months. Of course they have, the supercolumns have probably been the easiest part of this site to assemble so far. It's putting up forms, pouring concrete and all that, that take so much longer.

Not to mention an absolutely massive transfer slab had to be poured as well. Yes it's been slow but there's been plenty of work that's been done in the last several months even in spite of it not looking quite so.

I'm really growing tired of hearing about it. It's been repeated ad nauseam, everyone knows this isn't making a breakneck pace but it's going at the pace it's going and nothing can change that so can we please just appreciate that we are seeing a world class building rising here and leave it at that.
Yeah I think starting next spring, it will go up in a good pace once the complex initial floors are done and the floors are just repeating.

So I want to take this time and apologize for adding to the impatience discourse here. Now I have a more understanding of why this going slower than some of us would like, thanks to in part to posters who are actually working on this building, as well as those who have expertise in this field. I shall henceforth sit on my impatience tongue until this building is done. As yelling about it isn't going to make this go any faster. Nor should it. Let the good times roll, indeed! <3

Pictures taken today
20210822_181742.jpg
20210822_181839.jpg
20210822_182027.jpg
20210822_182049.jpg

I’m a very longtime lurker on UT. I love seeing building progress pics in the city and absorbing any industry knowledge you all have posted over the years. I’m not much of a contributor, so I’ve never had the urge to create an account.
But I had to say….whenever I see Benito’s fabulous shots of The One, I can’t unsee the stunned koala face on the column plates. I’d rather not be the only one :)

I’m a very longtime lurker on UT. I love seeing building progress pics in the city and absorbing any industry knowledge you all have posted over the years. I’m not much of a contributor, so I’ve never had the urge to create an account.
But I had to say….whenever I see Benito’s fabulous shots of The One, I can’t unsee the stunned koala face on the column plates. I’d rather not be the only one :)
Well now I cant unsee this!

I'm calling them "Koala Columns" from now on in the context of The One.

Back