Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Is that new glass going above the entrance to the retail store? It seems a little frosted as well.

I just took a look, it's not frosted, looks the same as the other panels along Bloor and Yonge. I think it’s just the reflection. Although I do notice the panels have little dots integrated in them, not sure if they’re little LED’s or something, or if it’s just part of the glass. I know someone suggested previously that these windows could turn into screens?

I just took a look, it's not frosted, looks the same as the other panels along Bloor and Yonge. I think it’s just the reflection. Although I do notice the panels have little dots integrated in them, not sure if they’re little LED’s or something, or if it’s just part of the glass. I know someone suggested previously that these windows could turn into screens?
Dots for birds

I wonder what sign will be attached over the entrance?????
A57E76D0-069C-4E6A-91BB-5937104E43A3.jpeg
097DCAE8-77A7-4150-87B4-59AA7582CC4E.jpeg

What will truly be interesting is to see how they will light up the sign without any visible wiring.

AoD
Probably do the same thing they did with the Steve Jobs Theatre and run it between the glass.

• Sprinkler pipes, power, data, audio, and security run through conduits concealed in the 44 silicon joints between glass panels.
Source: Foster and Partners, actually really interesting spec list of people wanna see how this firm does things

*Notes the interesting modest shapes cut out of one of the glass windows they're placing over the main door*

...it appears to be a rounded square and a tinier circle.

Back