Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Work may seem slow at the One, but lots of foundation work has taken place since I’ve started working on site a few weeks ago. Concrete pour for the 5th floor transfer slab has been the top focus and is now complete. The base for the tower elevators shafts will also sit on the 5th floor. Frame installations on the southwest elevation portion of the project, along with panel installations for the atrium are also currently being implemented. Columns extending to level 9 are currently being installed as well.
Welcome to the forum and thank you so much for the insider scoop update!

View attachment 339242View attachment 339243View attachment 339244
View attachment 339245
View attachment 339254
View attachment 339255Work may seem slow at the One, but lots of foundation work has taken place since I’ve started working on site a few weeks ago. Concrete pour for the 5th floor transfer slab has been the top focus and is now complete. The base for the tower elevators shafts will also sit on the 5th floor. Frame installations on the southwest elevation portion of the project, along with panel installations for the atrium are also currently being implemented. Columns extending to level 9 are currently being installed as well.

Great pics and great insight.

Thank You Anthony.

The volume of that ground floor space is incredible. I'm kind of surprised the glass is in already and not shrouded/protected. Risk of damage or breakage with so many years of construction still to come? Looks awesome though. Those panels / panes of glasses are incredible!!

View attachment 339245
View attachment 339254
View attachment 339255Work may seem slow at the One, but lots of foundation work has taken place since I’ve started working on site a few weeks ago. Concrete pour for the 5th floor transfer slab has been the top focus and is now complete. The base for the tower elevators shafts will also sit on the 5th floor. Frame installations on the southwest elevation portion of the project, along with panel installations for the atrium are also currently being implemented. Columns extending to level 9 are currently being installed as well.
Perfect. We have someone to take pictures when they pass Benito's building.😂 Now don't leave us!

Work may seem slow at the One, but lots of foundation work has taken place since I’ve started working on site a few weeks ago. Concrete pour for the 5th floor transfer slab has been the top focus and is now complete. The base for the tower elevators shafts will also sit on the 5th floor. Frame installations on the southwest elevation portion of the project, along with panel installations for the atrium are also currently being implemented. Columns extending to level 9 are currently being installed as well.
Can you allow us to double /upvote this, Mr. 42? 😹

View attachment 339245
View attachment 339254

Fantastic update @Anthonylipson1996 and welcome to the forum. This interior shot is amazing. I figure the glass going up is probably a good thing once winter starts to approach.
BB8B1BC1-D554-46E1-85E1-B89E9B701E14.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
The volume of that ground floor space is incredible. I'm kind of surprised the glass is in already and not shrouded/protected. Risk of damage or breakage with so many years of construction still to come? Looks awesome though. Those panels / panes of glasses are incredible!!

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone! I think the large atrium panels will manage without too much environmental impact, or impact from future construction, largely due to the overhang from the above slab. Also, it’s best to close off this space so further work can be done while avoiding working in colder conditions as @Edward Skira mentioned.

Ditto, Great to have photos from a new vantage point! Does anyone know if the cement pumps will be used on the upper floors and if so how? I assume that buckets will take over at a certain height??
A pump crane has been installed on the 6 story south bank that has been used to pour to this point. Not sure if it will be serviceable beyond that height though. Theoretically the pump tower could either be extended or potentially transferred into a new tower in or around the main portion of the building from the old tower. Not entirely sure though.

Update: Refer to @dodgeram’s post on 680. Very cool. This might take place once the podium is finished.

Last edited:
So that spindly frame work on top those new beams on the core structure and the red nubby thingies on those corner yellow shoring poles are for...?

(It kinda all looks temporary.)

Back