Toronto Time and Space Condos | 101.8m | 29s | Pemberton | Wallman Architects

Not sure the aspirations were totally different. Both wanted to make a decent profit, one decided they could make a bigger one by building a monstrosity that does not suit its neighbourhood and use cheap (or cheap looking) material. Greed!
What exactly so special about this neighborhood? I think T&S is not better but certainly not worse than the rest of the buildings around it.

What exactly so special about this neighborhood?

Livable scale, being walkable to the core, a true 15 minute (more like 5 minute) neighbourhood, historic Old York location and vibes, St. Lawrence Market itself, proximity to cultural amenities and to the waterfront, all that and truly being a mixed-income neighbourhood.

I think T&S is not better but certainly not worse than the rest of the buildings around it.

Do you have eyes?

There was never any chance of this being anything close to Mirvish Village. The developers had very different aspirations for this site.
Of course they had very different aspirations. One is a purpose-built rental development with $200 million in government financing and one is another basic standard private condo development.

Without commenting on how I think this development looks, I'm not sure that comparing a purpose-built rental development with $200 million in government financing with this project is relevant.

Indeed; the structure here should’ve made it easier to pull off a good (or even adequate, or perhaps even not-horrendous) project.

hiding behind 75 the esplanade

798319DD-7262-4AEB-A32D-64F1EA51563B.jpeg

73093119-B09E-44FA-A3A9-1FBBEBA6FC8F.jpeg

Back