456     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 633     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 507     0 

GO Transit Fleet Equipment and other

Likely heading for a rebuild.

Screenshot_2021-04-15_143109.jpg

Almost all of the old cab cars have had some components removed from them which prevents them from being used as cab cars. They've also had some seats re-installed as well, which were removed when the cabs were enlarged 10-plus years ago.

I'm not sure of the exact scale of the work being done at ONR to "decab" them, as there are some structural elements inside the cars which will be difficult to remove, but as I understand it they will be outshopped in a new number series to signify their use as regular coaches once completed.

Dan

Car 229 - one of the old cab cars - is currently in the cab car position for a string of GO cars sitting in temporary storage (i.e. no locomotive attached) on one of the Whitby staging sidings, between the main tracks and the 401. Whether or not it would still be functional as a cab car I have no idea, but it is definitely in the cab car position

Car 229 - one of the old cab cars - is currently in the cab car position for a string of GO cars sitting in temporary storage (i.e. no locomotive attached) on one of the Whitby staging sidings, between the main tracks and the 401. Whether or not it would still be functional as a cab car I have no idea, but it is definitely in the cab car position
If these cars are surplus, they should make use of them to return the northlander. It's going to be another year before things go back to pre-pandemic ridership levels.

229 was deactivated as a cab car 4 or so years ago, and while it may be currently situated there, it is not capable of being used as a cab car at this point.

Dan

Reactions: AHK
4531 sitting in Lambton Yard waiting to be delivery to GO..

A couple cars were waiting to be pickup by GO last week on Campa and one was 45xx.

Did they finish installing the new track to access the Campa sub?
June 29
No idea what has taken place south of this location and the Lakeshore Line. If tracks been upgraded at the north end, I will say the same has been done at the south end
DSC01408.JPG

Kitchener line @ Liberty Village?
For a second this look like the Canadian heading out west.
That track that the train is on is the (former CP) Galt Sub, so that train is from Milton.

And yes, they were cycling some equipment back from Milton, in exchange for fresh locos and cars.

Dan

Reactions: AHK
Barrie has what looks to be about 20+ cars stored at the Allendale yard. I imagine with reduced service they have been spotted all over the system.

Back