News   Apr 18, 2024
 653     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 5.7K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.4K     4 

GO Transit: Construction Projects (Metrolinx, various)

Yeah, I completely understand that! I was also just following what other posters were doing in this forum; like the one before mine. Thanks for the advice though!
I have seen people asking him as well. Sometimes you can guess the location but some other times it is like solving a riddle!

June 15
Confederation Station is still dead in the water and sitting on an empty lot.

No work has started on Kerr St Grade Separation yet. It either prep work for the grade separation or general upgrading on either a transmission Gas or oil line that is taking place east of Kerr St north-east of track 3. I am assuming the new bridge will support 4 tracks or maybe 5 to meet future needs.

It will be interesting how the tracks will be shifted to allow the new bridge to be built as well how many. There will be at least 2.

Photos to follow.
I'm seriously wondering what is going on with Confederation GO. We are over a year now since Metrolinx announced it was out for tender and not a peep from them.

I'm seriously wondering what is going on with Confederation GO. We are over a year now since Metrolinx announced it was out for tender and not a peep from them.

Perhaps you could put in a query w/AMA?

The answer will probably be, BS, LOL, but now again you get a straight-foreward reply.

It could be a number of things starting with COVID-19. Not cheap to build a station only to have it sit unused for a number of years. Then, maybe CN is not in the position to install tacks for the station and what good is having a station in place with no tacks too it?

Only one car in the parking area and empty HSR bus sitting there.

From my point of view, its a low hanging item that will get built when there is a real need for it, regardless of the past timeframe for tender for it.

June 16
409/401 Tunnels
Retaining walls are being built on the north side of the new track 1 on the north side of 409. Retaining wall being form on the east side of Islington. Track 1 & 2 will be about 10' below the current tracks level under the highways and this will require tracks to slope down to go into the new tunnels. The exterior face of the north side of the tunnels completed and by the look some time ago.

Woodbine
Had my first look at the site of the new Woodbine Station an a real shame to see those nice trees remove. Core drill has taken place for the station area.

Weston Station
Steel for the roof of the new platform about 50% erected. All concrete for stairs and elevators done. One missing retaining wall next to CP tracks needs to be form and pour.

Mount Dennis Station
Stack of rails laying in between 2 platforms south of Eglinton. Roof enclosure underway and looks like most of the glazing install.

June 16
You can see crews working on the north retaining wall at 409. You can also see the big different in grade level
51254148556_147733fb5d_b.jpg

51255189400_3b3c859dc7_b.jpg

51254148736_2d874cb2b2_b.jpg

51255189490_61881e8a90_b.jpg

51254894294_63d738d337_b.jpg

51255189645_0756def184_b.jpg

51255189725_5c53fd77da_b.jpg

Interesting that it's back to the future at this location since a 4th track will be reinstalled. Of course I assume when this picture was taken the fourth track wasn't the main line track. Also, the OL tracks will be added to the left.

Screenshot_2021-06-17_231339.jpg

Interesting that it's back to the future at this location since a 4th track will be reinstalled. Of course I assume when this picture was taken the fourth track wasn't the main line track. Also, the OL tracks will be added to the left.

View attachment 328829

You may wish to share w/the poster............I'm fairly certain this is nowhere near Guildwood.

That appears to be NB/EB approaching Queen Street East.

The track on the left is diverging for the old platform (long removed even by then) on the Overpass.

The seemingly large apartment building, I think, is 444 Logan, 21 storeys, still up today. (Though reclad)

Last edited:

View attachment 328829
this is at Queen and Strange St. Very far from Guildwood. Nice to see how much greener the areas got.

You may wish to share w/the poster............I'm fairly certain this is nowhere near Guildwood.

That appears to be NB/EB approaching Queen Street East.

The track on the left is diverging for the old platform (long removed even by then) on the Overpass.

The seemingly large apartment building, I think, is 444 Logan, 21 storeys, still up today. (Though reclad)

Good catch! Hadn't even noticed that when I posted it. People offered the correction in the comments to the post.

There are 2 bidders for the Lake Shore East – Central Corridor rail expansion project. Dragados is rapidly becoming the defacto transit contractor in Toronto (has hands in Finch East and Crosstown IIRC).

Last edited:

seems like lots of progress on the RER projects starting later this year

Milton corridor Winner should be selected soon with a financial close in a few months

Lakeshore west closing this fall
lakeshore east also is closing this fall

That rumored March 2022 timeline doesnt actually sound that far off now

* cross posted to St. Clair West Transportation Masterplan *

A report to the June 29th meeting of Government and Licensing Ctte has the primary purpose of obtaining approval to expropriate properties necessary to the extension of Davenport Road.

However, in that report, the City notes that it is negotiations with Metrolinx to bundle this work with construction of a new GO Station at St. Clair.

From said report:

1624370691663.png

Back