News   Apr 16, 2024
 234     2 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 354     1 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 709     0 

miWay Transit

No. There are also no fare gates at the new hub as you pay directly on the MiWay buses. As of right now MiWay only drops off Toronto bound, and only picks up Sauga bound, but see below…

Are we finally getting somewhere with Metro Toronto?! Imagine the possibilities we could go with this…
Thanks for responding. Just to clarify, even after the proposed change (MiWay being able to pick passengers in Toronto), a person travelling from Mississauga to Kipling station on a MiWay bus won't have to pay double fare (MiWay + TTC). Is that correct?

I am moving from North York to Mississauga next month and I will be taking MiWay bus to Kipling station and then GO to Union. I just wanted to check if I also need to pay a TTC fare other than MiWay and GO fares.

Thanks for responding. Just to clarify, even after the proposed change (MiWay being able to pick passengers in Toronto), a person travelling from Mississauga to Kipling station on a MiWay bus won't have to pay double fare (MiWay + TTC). Is that correct?

I am moving from North York to Mississauga next month and I will be taking MiWay bus to Kipling station and then GO to Union. I just wanted to check if I also need to pay a TTC fare other than MiWay and GO fares.
I'm pretty sure it would stay the same. It's an even better situation if you could get a free transfer from the upcoming fare integration giving you much more freedom between the network you are heading into (MiWay-TTC or vise versa), but I guess we have to wait and see. But if you are connecting to the MiWay Kipling bus terminal on a MiWay bus, there is no double fare.

Has anyone ridden the 100/185? I wanna see if those routes were busy or not to see if MiWay would bring them back when Covid gets better.

Has anyone ridden the 100/185? I wanna see if those routes were busy or not to see if MiWay would bring them back when Covid gets better.
100 was a waste from day 100 and be surprise if it return. What it was to be and what it was when it started are 2 different thing. Until a true Transit Hub at the Airport is built, better off with a beef up 107

185 is lightly use and offer a faster ride on Dixie and hard to say if it will return. Each system runs 30 minute service to get the 15 minute service. I have used the 185 a peak and see more riders in Brampton using it than Mississauga riders. Only a few go from end to end.

That is details that needs to be work out and will be a while to do so. Some things will be what Council has to say for the meeting and how to pay for it.

What every happens, 3 and 20 will be a blood bath for everyone with TTC or Metrolinx having to top up funding to Mississauga to do TTC route 49. Route 3 needs to be beef up and never been able by being limit to X buses in Toronto

Even if you are using the 2 hour time frame for use, both systems will see riders paying one fare to ride 2 systems.

For me, I have a 35 minute ride on the 3 both direction plus a 5 minute transfer. That means I have only 80 minute use on TTC which is no big deal as I can get many areas in that time frame in Toronto, even the 45 minute trip from Kipling to Kennedy. Doing the reverse is a different story as it will depend on the day of the week and the time of day as to time travel on the 3/20 and will speak to 3 only. Service is every 10-11 minute at peak for week day with 16-18 minute off peak. Sat is every 18 minutes all day. Sunday was 22-23 all day and up to 27-30 due to COVID-19.

If you are going to Sq One Mall from Toronto, you are looking at 45-50 ride any day of the week plus the wait time for your final route of travel. This is where catch 22 comes into play and only take one miss bus to the point you have to pay another fare for that last trip. Sunday will be the day were 2 fares are needed because of poor service system wide even before COVID-19.

If you take the 109 to Sq One, you will save 10-15 minutes with buses running every 15-20 minutes. This reduce the risk of having to pay 2 fare.

What we don't know at this time, is there a time frame for travel as well the cost doing so??

If you use 26/76, you are better off getting on and off at Islington but will still have to deal with the poor service on 26 for Sunday. 76 needs to run 7 days a week to offer better service to the route 50 riders,

Going back as far as 2008 and a number of meetings with the Ministry of MTO, we agree a flat fare with 3 hours was the best option dealing with Toronto and the 905 areas. There never been a problem getting around the 905 using various systems other than time. TTC and GO have been the elephant in the room for any type of fare integration. Don't support GO/ML idea of fare integration.

“Bus Stop Changes – Starting June 28 to fall 2021

Starting June 28, 2021, the City Centre Transit Terminal will be impacted by construction on Rathburn Road for the Hurontario Light Rail Transit (LRT) project.

Bus stops will be relocated for the following routes during the construction:

• Route 109 – Meadowvale Express (North) will be relocated to Platform N (stop #3390)
  • Route 110 – University Express will be relocated to Platform O (stop #1408)
  • Route 76 – City Centre-Subway will be relocated to Platform B (stop #6171)
  • Brampton Transit Zum Route 502 will be relocated to Platform O (stop #1408)” About time they would inspect CCTT

Webpage about the on-street transit infrastructure improvements announced back in January: https://www.mississauga.ca/projects...n-street-transit-infrastructure-improvements/

1) Enhanced bus stop amenities along express corridors at key intersections (Derry, Dixie, Erin Mills, Eglinton). Shelters are larger, accessible, heated, and includes digital schedules.

2) New standard bus shelters at existing bus stops.

3) Enhanced bus shelters at four terminals (Laird/Vega, Meadowvale TC, Erin Mills TC, Dixie Outlet Mall). Shelters are larger, accessible, heated, and includes digital schedules. Construction ranges from Fall 2021 to Fall 2026.

4) New and restored bus pads. Construction ranges from Fall 2021 to Fall 2022.

5) Mississauga Transit bus stop signs replaced with new MiWay signs with accessible design.

6) Glass partitions installed at Transitway Station for customer safety.

7) New station pylon signs at City Centre and Westwood Mall Transit Terminals. New red paint for bus only lanes and bus bays.

Items 1, 2, 5, 6, and 7 have a construction timeline between Fall 2021 to Fall 2027.

What in the hell, this is real dumb and no other system in NA is doing it or having issues like this.

This is being done due to lack of buses for the fleet since the city is waiting for the feds to fund the 450 plus buses that was to start in 2018 with the 53 40's that are mostly dead now as well the 15 60's that are dead.

Since the system lack buses and more riders are returning to the system, they can't increase service to meet the needs and pushing as many riders on a bus they can regardless of COVID-19 requirements.

All 2003, 2005 and 2006 buses are going or have gone over the 15 year cycle when replace.

All 450's plus buses are to be hybrid or e bus now due 2024.

Mississauga maintain that you need a car or get screw with things like this to get around the city. Since transit eats 23% of city operation cost, it a good place to cut funds from due to COVID-19 and the coming of the LRT. How dumb!!!!

Edit:
A lot of systems world wide have this type of seating to the point there are no front or rear facing seats.

What this does do, force the stroller people to stand and place the stroller out of the way than have them sit with the stroller in front of them. This is where the single flip down seat will work like they do on the TR and the Flexity.

Last edited:
Who's the GM/CEO of MiWay?

He/She might have just one up'd Rick Leary as the most idiotic transit executive in the GTAH solely just for approving this move. So what are they going to do next, disallow passengers from standing on the buses due to "risk of injury"? Or how about they disallow strollers on buses as well due to "risk of injury". They could also disallow passengers from standing around the rears doors due to the "risk of injuries" as well.

This is laughable, embarrassing, and outright shameful.

20210728_082443.jpg

I've seen people get nearly tossed from the middle rear seat (front-facing) at the back of the bus when a driver has slammed on the brakes. I've experienced that myself too. I bet these signs came about from someone getting hurt. I'm sure I've seen other buses with handrails around those middle rear seats, so that you have something to grab.

But for now I'll enjoy the fact that there's less of a chance of someone sitting near me on this ride. :)

What in the hell, this is real dumb and no other system in NA is doing it or having issues like this.

This is being done due to lack of buses for the fleet since the city is waiting for the feds to fund the 450 plus buses that was to start in 2018 with the 53 40's that are mostly dead now as well the 15 60's that are dead.

Since the system lack buses and more riders are returning to the system, they can't increase service to meet the needs and pushing as many riders on a bus they can regardless of COVID-19 requirements.

All 2003, 2005 and 2006 buses are going or have gone over the 15 year cycle when replace.

All 450's plus buses are to be hybrid or e bus now due 2024.

Mississauga maintain that you need a car or get screw with things like this to get around the city. Since transit eats 23% of city operation cost, it a good place to cut funds from due to COVID-19 and the coming of the LRT. How dumb!!!!

Edit:
A lot of systems world wide have this type of seating to the point there are no front or rear facing seats.

What this does do, force the stroller people to stand and place the stroller out of the way than have them sit with the stroller in front of them. This is where the single flip down seat will work like they do on the TR and the Flexity.
Wait drum which “15 60’s” and “53 40’s” are you talking about? And also MiWay doesn’t seem to care about there service anymore At this point. There doing it to piss everyone off, like think about it…. It’s not possible to fall of with hard braking on the 2010s-2021 buses. They all have grip and are made out of fabric, same with the 03s-07s you can’t fall of the seats since they all have grip.

Wait drum which “15 60’s” and “53 40’s” are you talking about? And also MiWay doesn’t seem to care about there service anymore At this point. There doing it to piss everyone off, like think about it…. It’s not possible to fall of with hard braking on the 2010s-2021 buses. They all have grip and are made out of fabric, same with the 03s-07s you can’t fall of the seats since they all have grip.
Time to put seatbelts in the buses, especially the way some drivers drive.

Buses were 2003 40's and 2008 artic's. All buses from 2003 to 2010 are up for replacement and most likely be up to 2012 at the rate we may see delivery by 2024 if it happens.

Regardless of fibric material for seats, you can go flying with very hard breaking as well the plastic ones.

The GM is from TTC subway division and not a bad person to deal with, compare to his boss the Commissioner of Transportation. His staff is another story and been an issue since 2000. They get their marching order from council who are going back to the dark age of transit in Mississauga because the car folks not willing to fund it these days.

Anyone working for Mississauga transit these days with 23 plus years are marking time until their 25-30 year timeframe is at an end who will be waving bye bye on their last day of work.

Back