Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

A @Benito pic mashed up with a rendering:
ezgif.com-gif-maker (9).gif

According to the renderings they willl be removing the traffic signals and no-turning signs, which will make that corner look a lot less encumbered 😀😉

Must be the same company that rendered the photo of CIBC Square w/o the Gardiner.

Can see the connection points for the crossbracing above the yellow temporary support beams. Strangely still no sign of them filling in that cut-out (that does not appear in the floorplans).

Can see the connection points for the crossbracing above the yellow temporary support beams. Strangely still no sign of them filling in that cut-out (that does not appear in the floorplans).

Those connections have been around for awhile. I think someone said that the diagrid won't be installed until the floor where it attach to the column is cast - to prevent the added load to pull the two columns apart? Can't imagine they would be filling them in before that happens.

AoD

They seem to be moving as slow as molasses in mid January, they have very few workers on site for the amount of forming and rebar work that is required.

They seem to be moving as slow as molasses in mid January, they have very few workers on site for the amount of forming and rebar work that is required.
Do you know if there is a reason for this?

Do you know if there is a reason for this?
I don't know why they are moving so slow, it could be lack of workers or poor organization on the GC team, in all of my years in construction it has come down to 4 possibilities when things are moving slow, shortage of materials, shortage of workers, or client not keeping up with payments, i have also seen where there is total disorganization from the GC, i am only speculating on what i have seen in my years of working in the industry, hopefully they start picking up the pace.

Back