Toronto 25 St Mary | 204m | 59s | Tenblock | gh3

Tenblock + gh3 architects: 59 storeys (192.6 metres including MPH)

Massing model (in broader context):

1623423391993.png

Renderings:

1623422736166.png

1623422771736.png

1623422808836.png

1623423023562.png

1623422887508.png

1623422930070.png

1623422849202.png

Ground floor plan:

1623423323936.png

1623423117895.png

Last edited:
Looking at the Landscape Plan.....

So far, so good.

In respect of trees:

All native'ish.

All are drought and urban tolerant.

And trees mostly likely to be deeply shaded are shade tolerant!

Ironwood along the northern frontage, Elms along the east frontage, Honey Locust on the south, and in the mid-block.

1623424213795.png

Excellent soil volumes per tree from a low of 33M3 to more than 79M in the Park!

Honestly, for gh3 this is outstanding............I'm a bit suspicious...... LOL

@neo quite correctly pointed out this is Cormier's work {which explains everything), I was caught off guard by gh3's name also being on the drawings (but as architecture consultant)

If I were to quibble.........I might wonder about the idea of replacing the concrete sidewalk on St. Nicholas with interlocking pavers that contrast w/the road.

The only truly unfortunate thing is that None of the existing trees will be preserved as they were all deemed to conflict w/the proposed underground infrastructure.

Last edited:
This area will see a lot of changes if all the proposals (1075 Bay, 10 and 25 St Mary) are approved. I believe 25 St Mary is the white building to the left of the grey-blue glass tower (75 St Nicholas) and 1075 Bay is the brown office tower to its left.

IMG_0841.JPG

Which demo method will they use to take down the current building? I assume they can't implode it in one go because the glass towers nearby would shatter.

Looking at the Landscape Plan.....

So far, so good.

In respect of trees:

All native'ish.

All are drought and urban tolerant.

And trees mostly likely to be deeply shaded are shade tolerant!

Ironwood along the northern frontage, Elms along the east frontage, Honey Locust on the south, and in the mid-block.

View attachment 327022

Excellent soil volumes per tree from a low of 33M3 to more than 79M in the Park!

Honestly, for gh3 this is outstanding............I'm a bit suspicious...... LOL

If I were to quibble.........I might wonder about the idea of replacing the concrete sidewalk on St. Nicholas with interlocking pavers that contrast w/the road.

The only truly unfortunate thing is that None of the existing trees will be preserved as they were all deemed to conflict w/the proposed underground infrastructure.
It’s Claude Cormier + Associés on landscape

Which demo method will they use to take down the current building? I assume they can't implode it in one go because the glass towers nearby would shatter.
They'll likely use the "How to eat an elephant" process. That is, one piece at a time.

It’s Claude Cormier + Associés on landscape

I know that's been mentioned, I can only report that gh3's name is the one on all the drawings.

But they certainly look more Cormier than gh3.

That interior colonnade is nice - but I am curious as to how they will be able to insulate it properly given it straddles the glazing - and still look as decent as they proposed.

AoD

Back