Toronto The Well | 174.03m | 46s | RioCan | Hariri Pontarini

Two photos - the topped off office tower, with our view of the CN Tower being now so neatly obscured. The forms which have been removed from the north side of the top floor have been removed entirely, as opposed to being relocated up for the next floor to be formed.

The second photo shows the sloped formwork for the cantilevered / overhang sections to be on the north side of Building 4 (south west corner residential building).

20210512_164057.jpg

20210512_164147.jpg

I almost want to say that in the end when this is all built and said that I don't think we're going worry too much about the infractions of green glass and grey spandrel that's been cropping up around this project. Instead, I think our mouths will be too busy gaping open with everything else they are doing here...

That for me though, depends on what window walls they're going to inflict on us when they construct the residential towers (now in progress). It could really define this place or turn it into the dread of CityPlace 2.0.

Last edited:
Unpopular opinion. I really like the tower glass. Podium is still terrible but I think the tower glass is astronomically better than anything else in the vicinity. It's not CIBC square levels of excellent but I think it's good and I have no quarrels with it. I certainly dont think it's bad by any stretch of the means.

Unpopular opinion. I really like the tower glass. Podium is still terrible but I think the tower glass is astronomically better than anything else in the vicinity. It's not CIBC square levels of excellent but I think it's good and I have no quarrels with it. I certainly dont think it's bad by any stretch of the means.

There is hardly any new office tower of significant size for it to be compared against.

AoD

Back