News   Mar 28, 2024
 1.2K     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 610     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 896     0 

Toronto Bike Share

Did they even finish the expansion from last year?

I remember looking at the expansion map last year and there are some station that were shown that haven't even been installed yet (for example there were some stations proposed around The Queensway and Royal York).

@WillTo as is currently proposed, the 45 mins would be for everyone who register for the "premium rate", which i believe would be $20 more annually compared to the current rates. However they are talking about potentially having some additional discounts to that rate for existing Bike Share members.

I remember looking at the expansion map last year and there are some station that were shown that haven't even been installed yet (for example there were some stations proposed around The Queensway and Royal York).

@WillTo as is currently proposed, the 45 mins would be for everyone who register for the "premium rate", which i believe would be $20 more annually compared to the current rates. However they are talking about potentially having some additional discounts to that rate for existing Bike Share members.

@interchange42 was keeping a list at one point........they certainly got close....I'm not sure if actually got the full number of stations out.

They didn't. The station feed currently shows 607 stations, when the expansion was supposed to bring us to 625.

Last edited:
I just got home after getting my vaccine.

After sleeping in I woke up and checked @Vaxhunterscan to find the clinic at the Aga Khan museum was open for all M postal codes for 18+.
Didn't want to take the bus, and there are no bikeshare stations nearby. I have my own foldie but just haven't figured a safe way to cross Leslie and I didn't want to die while getting to my vaccine.
So I bike from midtown to the station at E.T. Seton park, but damn those stairs are not open yet and climbing up to Eglinton seems a little too dangerous. So I have to back track by foot to the proper entrance on Leslie, down to Eglinton, across to Don Mills, then Wynford.

An hour later after waiting in line, registering, getting jabbed, and waiting in the done pile, I am officially part 1 vaccinated by the Ministry of Health!

So I have to walk back to E. T. Seton and low and behold there is the mythical BikeShare e-bike with one bar of juice left! Made the ride uphill back to midtown so much easier!

I see this 7ED5CE77-6EDD-4C56-8485-228804DEB2CF.jpeg

Just went to renew my BikeshareTO membership today, and noticed I couldn't do it via the Transit app. Then I Googled it and sure enough, Bikeshare TO, under ownership of Toronto Parking Authority has, with no clear explanation, withdrawn from their agreement with Transit.

I really hate the PBSC app since it hardly ever works to unlock a bike and is clunky, and I don't take my wallet/card out with me very often so I decided to not renew. I figure this is just another example of some bloated chodes at Toronto Parking Authority being too stupid to understand how anything works.

Just went to renew my BikeshareTO membership today, and noticed I couldn't do it via the Transit app. Then I Googled it and sure enough, Bikeshare TO, under ownership of Toronto Parking Authority has, with no clear explanation, withdrawn from their agreement with Transit.

I really hate the PBSC app since it hardly ever works to unlock a bike and is clunky, and I don't take my wallet/card out with me very often so I decided to not renew. I figure this is just another example of some bloated chodes at Toronto Parking Authority being too stupid to understand how anything works.
Since I started using the PBSC app I’ve used BikeshareTO a lot more often. A lot has to do with the simplicity of unlocking a bike. Open the app, scan the QR code on the bike, ride away. No more fumbling with codes.

Since I started using the PBSC app I’ve used BikeshareTO a lot more often. A lot has to do with the simplicity of unlocking a bike. Open the app, scan the QR code on the bike, ride away. No more fumbling with codes.
I find it finicky, but maybe it's just my phone/camera.

Sometimes I copy the bike number into my clipboard and it is easier to just paste it if I know I am going to be using the same bike all day.
I also avoid the stations at Marilyn Bell Park because my phone's GPS seems to think I am north of the Gardiner for some reason.

I've never been able to use the PBSC app successfully. It always tells me to turn on my Bluetooth for some reason, even though it is on, and doesn't let me proceed. So I've been using the key card, and I've noticed that it's being really buggy. A lot of the times the red light will light up. Sometimes it will stay on for half a minute, and then when I'm about to give up it just turns green and unlocks.

It's unfortunate cause I've never had any issues before when using the Transit app, and now it is full of issues.

Personally, I find it much easier to use the key card than the app. I've had the occasionally failed swipe, but it was usually because I had inserted the card the wrong direction.

Back