Toronto 310 Front West | 235.5m | 69s | H&R REIT | Hariri Pontarini

My early attempt at a model:

Toronto Model 03-16-21 310 Front.png

Reverse angle:

Toronto Model 03-16-21 310 Front2.png

Whats planned for the small parking lot directly to the west of 310 Front , next to the 300 Front condo tower?

Hi Max.

At the moment, I don't believe there are any proposals on the table; though another member may see fit to correct me!

In general, we're a competitive lot here, and if there was something going on, you would be able to see a pin on the development map; or a thread about a potential/rumoured development.

The Map link can be found at the top of the page; or here:

I'm not sure who owns the site; though I do know that the ownership group in 2008 already had their eye on development.

That's referenced in this report by the City on the development of 300 Front.

For which I have found this link:

The site has is a bit odd in that its only 27M wide; but the overall site area at 17000ft2 is amply sized to support a residential development.

That is mostly likely what you will see at some point.

Commercial is unlikely at that size; (floor plate would be smaller than 17000ft2 due to separation distances); and typically commercial builds do best with 20000ft2 floor plates or larger these days.

Note that you can search UT for developments by clicking 'Search Forums". Short strings of numbers will not be searched but you can use " " to search something like "55 Yonge"

That parking lot was basically killed by 300 front as there isn’t space to build a tower any more. Nobody wants to build anything stubby as it’s such a prime site but it’s really not big enough for a tall building.. so it stays a parking lot, at least for now.

That parking lot was basically killed by 300 front as there isn’t space to build a tower any more. Nobody wants to build anything stubby as it’s such a prime site but it’s really not big enough for a tall building.. so it stays a parking lot, at least for now.
I mean something stubby would still be more profitable than the parking lot! But if no developer wants it, as someone in the neighbourhood I wouldn't mind another park ;)

Why is a 17000ft2 site not large enough?

City staff indicated in the report I linked that they didn't see 300 as making the site undevelopable.

Clearly, at the full 25M separation, they'd be pencil thin; but given the length of the site, there's still something there, I think, if the price per ft2 is high enough.

If not then we really should go with a park, because a surface parking lot is clearly absurd.

Last edited:
Hi Max.

At the moment, I don't believe there are any proposals on the table; though another member may see fit to correct me!

In general, we're a competitive lot here, and if there was something going on, you would be able to see a pin on the development map; or a thread about a potential/rumoured development.

The Map link can be found at the top of the page; or here:

I'm not sure who owns the site; though I do know that the ownership group in 2008 already had their eye on development.

That's referenced in this report by the City on the development of 300 Front.

For which I have found this link:

The site has is a bit odd in that its only 27M wide; but the overall site area at 17000ft2 is amply sized to support a residential development.

That is mostly likely what you will see at some point.

Commercial is unlikely at that size; (floor plate would be smaller than 17000ft2 due to separation distances); and typically commercial builds do best with 20000ft2 floor plates or larger these days.

Note that you can search UT for developments by clicking 'Search Forums". Short strings of numbers will not be searched but you can use " " to search something like "55 Yonge"

Why is a 17000ft2 site not large enough?

City staff indicated in the report I linked that they didn't see 300 as making the site undevelopable.

Clearly, at the full 25M separation, they'd be pencil thin; but given the length of the site, there's still something there, I think, if the price per ft2 is high enough.

If not then we really should go with a park, because a surface parking lot is clearly absurd.
It's really not that bad. Single load the building and do a blank wall facing 300 Front (a la 357 King) and you'd actually end up with something very profitable.

Some other stuff from the Planning Rationale Report:

1620070514699.png

Of note, the Block Context Plan above in Chester's post was required by City staff; but is not a substantive proposal.

A comparative of heights approved/in-progress in the area:

1620070847108.png

Attachments

• 1620070227271.png
    1620070227271.png
    446.1 KB · Views: 489
  • 1620070245529.png
    1620070245529.png
    744.5 KB · Views: 499
Last edited by a moderator:

Back