Toronto Ontario Line 3 | ?m | ?s

Especially with the planned streetcar connection through to the Portlands, it would actually allow the QQLRT to have an Ontario line connection at both ends. Hopefully they allow for a future infill station.

You can probably get it in the long run through the Broadview extension at East Harbour, which will be a bigger draw for riders eventually anyways.

AoD

Especially with the planned streetcar connection through to the Portlands, it would actually allow the QQLRT to have an Ontario line connection at both ends. Hopefully they allow for a future infill station.
I've been wondering about that as well. Seems like the Cherry streetcar that will be an important feeder from a redeveloped Portlands should have a subway connection. I also think the problem with a zigzagging subway line is that it makes east-west travel a bit impractical. For example, if I'm visiting the Distillery District coming from Union, I've got to take the subway north on the Yonge Line then transfer to the OL to head southeast. I'm wondering if a streetcar spur is needed to reach Corktown station or if the Corktown station could have an eastern entrance that the Cherry streetcar could loop past. Seems complicated.

Last edited:
I've been wondering about that as well. Seems like the Cherry streetcar that will be an important feeder from a redeveloped Portlands should have a subway connection. I also think the problem with a zigzagging subway line is that it makes east-west travel a bit impractical. For example, if I'm visiting the Distillery District coming from Union, I've got to take the subway north on the Yonge Line then transfer to the OL to head southeast. I'm wondering if a streetcar spur is needed to reach Corktown station or if the Corktown station could have an eastern entrance that the Cherry streetcar could loop past. Seems complicated.
I mean it doesn't have a connection to the cherry street, but it Corktown does still have a connection to the cherry street streetcar (or the 504a whatever) so it's not really worth moving the station to cherry when prominent has better coverage, and I think the stations would be a bit close for the density if they added one at cherry while keeping east harbour and Corktown. Corktown already is projected to have not crazy high ridership so splitting it further just so one specific streetcar ride is a little shorter seems like a bit of a waste of money to me at least

You can probably get it in the long run through the Broadview extension at East Harbour, which will be a bigger draw for riders eventually anyways.

AoD
If one is still around when it gets built at the rate things get built in Toronto. Hell, I am still looking for the QQE to be built that was to started in 2010 and looks like 2031 before one can ride it at this time. Then there taking the line into Portland and along Commissioner to allow the Broadview Line to connect to them some time around 2040-50.

Reminder for tonight's meeting - western segment.

Just relocate the businesses... Its really no big deal and it happens all the time. If Iqbal is really vital to the local community, there is absolutely no reason why they won't be able to just relocate or get help from Metrolinx to relocate to a new location. This sort of thing happens all the time in cities like Vancouver, and there the process is quick and easy. At most people lose access to a store for a few months. This feels like another attempt from TheStar to generate as much controversy, heck, there is almost no quote from the owner himself. In an article like this I expect them to get some comments from the owner about if he has a deal with Metrolinx but no, the only quote from him they have is a mention that they have an alternate location in MIssissauga they can generate revenue, with the rest of the article being quotes from random bystanders they chose off the street, and they probably only kept the most passionate quotes to generate as much sensationalism as possible. And then they say thestar is better than the Toronto Sun, give me a break.

Reminder for tonight's meeting - western segment.

Presentation deck here: https://www.metrolinxengage.com/sites/default/files/ol-west_voh_apr_29_2021.pdf

I dont understand sometimes, people act as if theyre going to get kicked out with no compensation.....Even here Metrolinx specifically says they will work with the business owners to "relocate them".

Wheres the issue?
Did you read the article?

basemap.png

From link.

1619737598821.png

From link. Look at all the parking lots they could build new stores or other buildings on top of, and put to better use.

Last edited:
Something to point out during today's meeting is that Metrolinx envisions a western extension of the line on Roncesvalles or Dufferin with somebody else suggesting an extension of the line to Mimico. This can be found at 1:02:04.

I made a few different scenarios of a western/northern extension of the line on Google My Maps. Link: https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=14H-dpkml_ZV4DkGB1EEgoxpMcw_dy-ng&usp=sharing

Ontario Line North (Don Mills Rd)

1619744305555.png

Stations:
Don Mills (Lawrence Ave)
York Mills East
Sheppard-Don Mills
Van Horne
Finch-Don Mills
Seneca College

Ontario Line West Scenario #1 (Dufferin St)

1619744439751.png

Stations:
Dufferin Loop
King-Dufferin
Queen-Dufferin
Little Portugal
Dufferin Mall
Dufferin
Dupont West
Corso Italia
Rogers
Fairbank
Glencairn West
Lawrence-Dufferin
Yorkdale West
Wilson

Ontario Line West Scenario #2 (Roncesvalles)

1619744816991.png

Stations:
Dufferin Loop
Queensway
Roncesvalles
Dundas West

Ontario Line West Scenario #3 (Jane St)

1619744972802.png

Stations:
Dufferin Loop
Queensway
Windemere