News   Apr 25, 2024
 196     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 

PM Justin Trudeau's Canada

Fully electrifying passenger vehicles barely gets us to 10-15% of the required amount.
Considering that any gas-powered cars sold today will still be on the road well into the 2030s we won‘t see any climate impact of electrical car adoption until the 2040s. My car is 22 years old, my motorcycle is 40 years old, and they’re still running well.

Last edited:
Suggestion in this Star article that the government has caved on Pharmacare due to feeling the need to placate 'Big Pharma' for vaccine delivery.

Not sure I buy that.

I think they caved to Big Pharma along time ago.................

That said......given the pace of vaccine delivery and the state of domestic production of same here; after many years of promises to the contrary in exchange for extended patents............

I think this would fall under the category of ......with friends like these...........who needs enemies

Suggestion in this Star article that the government has caved on Pharmacare due to feeling the need to placate 'Big Pharma' for vaccine delivery.

Not sure I buy that.

I think they caved to Big Pharma along time ago.................

That said......given the pace of vaccine delivery and the state of domestic production of same here; after many years of promises to the contrary in exchange for extended patents............

I think this would fall under the category of ......with friends like these...........who needs enemies

True or not, now is not the time to pick these fights with big pharma anyways - it can wait till the crisis is over and the "never again" and "national security" card can be played.

AoD

Reactions: DSC
I can just picture the party shooting an own goal by turfing and replacing him with someone more socially conservative, thereby doing exactly what he warned the party not to do if they ever want to get elected again...

Peter MacKay must be having the last laugh.

AoD

Last edited:
I wonder what the record is for a minority?
A quick Wiki search reveals:

At the federal level, no minority government (excepting the odd case of the 14th) has lasted a standard four-year term. Most minority governments have lasted less than two years. The average duration of completed minorities in Canada is 479 days or approximately 1 year, 140 days counting only that part of the 14th Parliament that was a minority, or 1 year, 207 days counting the entire duration of it.

From: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_minority_governments_in_Canada

A quick Wiki search reveals:

At the federal level, no minority government (excepting the odd case of the 14th) has lasted a standard four-year term. Most minority governments have lasted less than two years. The average duration of completed minorities in Canada is 479 days or approximately 1 year, 140 days counting only that part of the 14th Parliament that was a minority, or 1 year, 207 days counting the entire duration of it.

From: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_minority_governments_in_Canada

Still has a ways to go to beat the record.

Back