Toronto Maple House at Canary Landing | 89.61m | 26s | Dream | COBE Architects

I look forward to this complex being an extension of the Distillery District.
Quick question, I may be totally missing something here, but it looks like the "continuation" alleyway is solely residential at the ground level. Is that correct? I dont see the vibrancy of the distillery carrying over to this project if it is just residential at the ground level.

Quick question, I may be totally missing something here, but it looks like the "continuation" alleyway is solely residential at the ground level. Is that correct? I dont see the vibrancy of the distillery carrying over to this project if it is just residential at the ground level.
There's only one rendering in the UT database showing the alleyway, and it depicts a restaurant/cafe on the ground floor of the westernmost building (the one directly across from the Distillery District). I hope they have a few more shops /restaurants along the alleyway - it would be a waste opportunity otherwise.

From 390 Cherry today:

20210414_103737.jpg

the Foundry Park buildings will only have one retail unit facing tankhouse lane, but the block adjacent to it on the south side (block 20) will have retail (I think 3 units from what I can remember?) It'll be a bit of a weird space now with retail, townhouse units and office entrances all facing tankhouse. I'm interested to see how it works out.

Can't seem to recall what the latest version of the ground floor plan looks like here, but I believe David answered correctly that there'll be just one corner retail unit here. Though some other content available has suggested otherwise.

190_cobe_west_don_lands_exterior_children-5dc145683f4a6_4f1a8b84e38cc94da732391cc2a1fad9.jpeg
Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 4.00.05 PM (2).png

This plan seems to suggest a few retail units at the western most block, bit I believe that's dated. The eastern block will primarily be back of house.
Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 4.02.26 PM (2).png

This plan from Cobe seems to suggest corner retail units at each block to the south.
4-WDL8-Site-Plan.jpeg

Some plans from Claude Cormier confirm this approach..
west-don-lands-24.jpeg

The primarily residential street may not really persuade any truly captivating (or noisy) retail here. The plaza at the western edge will probably end up being the most active portion of the Tank House Lane.

west-don-lands-2.jpeg

Tricon's website has this project listed as "Foundry Park", and anticipated for a March 2023 availability/completion:

View attachment 287917
We've just been informed that the name Foundry Park was not finalized, so it's been removed from Tricon's website and is now gone from the title of this thread, the database file, and today's front page story.

We've just been informed that the name Foundry Park was not finalized, so it's been removed from Tricon's website and is now gone from the title of this thread, the database file, and today's front page story.

Maybe they think it would be mistaken for the nearly-demolished foundry a couple of blocks to the north. I was confused myself when I saw the name (Foundry Park), right when there were protests over demolition at the other site.

Back