1.6K     5 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 538     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.3K     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

1618159418404.png

From link.

A tale of two neighbourhoods: Jane and Finch with the lowest vaccination rate, Moore Park with the highest​

-venting here a bit as some of my friends have already been vaccinated since the opening up of appointments in hotspots in Toronto.
To be honest I was surprised that my postal code M5A was a hotspot at all. Here in Cabbagetown we’re almost all WFH folks, no multigenerational or multi-family houses I know of. When I got my vaccine yesterday at the Wellesley community city there were almost zero visibly BIPOC people getting vaccinated - instead it was all white folks, mostly well put out urbanites.

Clearly M5A must include some of Regent Park and St. Jamestown, but I’d suggest their residents didn’t show up. You need a computer, fast internet and a quick eye and solid English literacy to get through the maze of government websites before you can even try to book a spot.

They weren’t able to with Pfizer and Moderna because of the cold storage requirements. Some docs are giving AZ and likely will give J&J when it is available

Higher risk of blood clots from COVID. Or Smoking. Or birth control pills.

That's exactly it - the risk isn't nil, but that risk pales in comparison to other risk factors - like the ones you have mentioned. I tend to take a dim view of anyone who said they aren't going to get vaccinated because of this and then think nothing of getting COVID. It just tells me the vaccine risk was never the real reason in the first place.

AoD

That's exactly it - the risk isn't nil, but that risk pales in comparison to other risk factors - like the ones you have mentioned. I tend to take a dim view of anyone who said they aren't going to get vaccinated because of this and then think nothing of getting COVID. It just tells me the vaccine risk was never the real reason in the first place.

AoD
When I had my Pfizer vaccine at Downsview Area, I made sure NOT to take my daily dose of ASA 81 mg that day and the day before. No alcoholic drinks either, just in case. Went back to my ASA the following day.

When I had my Pfizer vaccine at Downsview Area, I made sure NOT to take my daily dose of ASA 81 mg that day and the day before. No alcoholic drinks either, just in case. Went back to my ASA the following day.
Sadly, aspirin (and all NSAIDs) are apparently the best treatment for the vaccine side effects as it’s mostly an inflammatory response.

One of the lower than average case count neighborhoods is City Place. Anyone who lives in or around that area knows it is full of younger people between 18 and 30 who have turned the area into party central. There are parties going on, people socializing and you can bet your ass people will be out and about when the weather gets warmer.

While it may seem like it has a lower than average case count, it is wise to include it. It's not about current cases, it's about preventing future ones.

One of the lower than average case count neighborhoods is City Place. Anyone who lives in or around that area knows it is full of younger people between 18 and 30 who have turned the area into party central. There are parties going on, people socializing and you can bet your ass people will be out and about when the weather gets warmer.

While it may seem like it has a lower than average case count, it is wise to include it. It's not about current cases, it's about preventing future ones.
That is true BUT the selection of the high risk Code areas was announced as being based on cases (not projections).

Back