News   Apr 19, 2024
 567     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 948     3 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

Crosstown-MSF-2018.png

LINK
See sods...on the roof

As a recreational cyclist, an entrance directly on the Beltline, complete with bike racks and even a set of bike repair tools, would be great, especially given the high cyclist traffic on the Beltline.
That's literally what everyone for the past ten years have been saying. But the TTC is against any subway entrance/exit in a park/trail or secluded location for safety reasons. It's unfortunate and really wished this was an exception.

Thanks.

Do that shot today will see a huge different all around for the area. Even the skyline will see some changes as well.

As a note, there are a number of sections along the ROW that now have handrail to stop people crossing the tracks in mid block.

How exactly are the vehicles stored in the yard? Do they drive automatically to park in the outside multiple rows of tracks? Do the drivers get off at the TTC operations building's platform and then drive on their own? If not, how do drivers get on and off?
Once everything is set up, the system in theory is capable of completely automated operation, even in the yard. Whether they will actually use this capability, I don't know.

At this point however, the signal systems are still a work-in-progress and so I doubt that the automation capability is live.

Dan

That's literally what everyone for the past ten years have been saying. But the TTC is against any subway entrance/exit in a park/trail or secluded location for safety reasons. It's unfortunate and really wished this was an exception.
The TTC could have installed lighting and loudspeakers that play classical music to deter loiterers and vandals. Even they had done so in various subway stations in the past. Chaplin station would be excellent for classical music.

Another major advantage of using classical music is the fact that many composers have been dead for over a century. This means that classical music is in the public domain and the TTC does not legally need to pay anything for the rights to play them.

At least there would be Eine kleine Nachtmusik (a little night-music) to keep the peace during the night.

It's always good to have some music in the background, even if it's Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D minor.

The music would be played across all Four Seasons, including those by Vivaldi.

Last edited:
The TTC could have installed lighting and loudspeakers that play classical music to deter loiterers and vandals. Even they had done so in various subway stations in the past. Chaplin station would be excellent for classical music.

Another major advantage of using classical music is the fact that many composers have been dead for over a century. This means that classical music is in the public domain and the TTC does not legally need to pay anything for the rights to play them.

At least there would be Eine kleine Nachtmusik (a little night-music) to keep the peace during the night.

It's always good to have some music in the background, even if it's Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D minor.

The music would be played across all Four Seasons, including those by Vivaldi.

Lighting and music activated by motion of humans, deer, raccoons, coyotes!

Any sod delivery to the outdoor sections? Or the usual excuses not to do so?

I think it was decided there wouldn't be grass installed (for lack of a better word)

Have we received official confirmation of this? The Crosstown website (renders last updated in 2018) still depicts grass, and I can't recall any announcements to the contrary.

The last I heard last year that the grass was still to take place and no clue if it will happen.

Had a close look today at a few sections I haven't looked at before and very early in construction.

I see they dug most of the hill next to the portal and back filling it. Tracks maybe in place for the portal, but missing things.

First look at Sunnybrook Park station and a real head scratcher. Standard access to it like others with benches to sit on, but both platforms have stairs to the road at the east end. The only station I have seen with stairs or access at both ends and walking into traffic for the east end.

As for handrail I saw before, need to check a few other locations to make sure as the ones I saw today were for switch areas as well where tracks were higher than the road or the road is higher than the tracks.

Sloane Station that is the only centre platform had video cameras next to the lights. The centre platform is due to the centre track to hold a disable train to the east of it.

If grass is to be install, it will be this fall or spring next year.

ATC being install as 2 different type and not the same as the subway. Most are a U bracket upside down that is bolt down with the system on top of bracket and about a foot long. In a few place they have a sliding track between the 2 tracks.

Wrapping of the rails is odd as in some places they are wrap while others areas they are not.

Back