Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 344.9m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

crazy how much the smallest building has impacted certain views of the city already, can't wait to see how the other two add to that!
Also crazy to think that a little over a dozen years ago that smallest building would have been among the tallest in the city - probably the tallest residential building (I believe Ice was the first condo to break 200 m).

Yesterday
A807191E-F3EE-4611-B6CC-8D79BB6A0570.jpeg

Anyone know what phase they will start to get to work on building the park on the LCBO land? The renders make it look like it could be a real destination on the waterfront as far as parks go with the oversized fountain centrepiece. We need more grand water features in parks around the city IMO, Berczy park is always packed with onlookers enjoying the dog fountain. I'm excited about this one.

Anyone know what phase they will start to get to work on building the park on the LCBO land? The renders make it look like it could be a real destination on the waterfront as far as parks go with the oversized fountain centrepiece. We need more grand water features in parks around the city IMO, Berczy park is always packed with onlookers enjoying the dog fountain. I'm excited about this one.

The park is not part of One Yonge. I believe it is part of Sugar Wharf phase 2 but I could be wrong.

The park is not part of One Yonge. I believe it is part of Sugar Wharf phase 2 but I could be wrong.
Interesting, I'm surprised given how heavily it's featured in their renders. I think you're right though, it looks like it's specifically outlined in the plan for Sugar Wharf Phase 1. I'll pop the question into that thread, thanks!

Pictures from this week

View attachment 312945

I haven't had a look at the documents in a while, but here's a photoshop of how I'd expect the lower portion balconies to be handled, based on how they only have top pieces installed. Thank god for the reflective spandrel, too bad about the waist height mullions, but at least the lines sort of line up in the end.

The renders did show a bit of a different solution at one point that would've had some curved fritting to it like the tower hopefully will get, but it'd assume that to be long gone for the podium in this case.

EDIT: just checked, according to the documents (both versions) there may still be hope for the curvy bits... fingers crossed. The point still stands that this section would appear this way though, as the curves are closer to the south corner.
1618545654648.png

panels.jpg

Now this is just an idea, but man those curves would been welcome:

curves.jpg

Last edited:
What are those coils on the balcony ceiling outside? Are those heating elements to warm up the balcony above?

Back