Toronto 699 Yonge | 216.54m | 64s | Concord Adex | DIALOG

AlvinofDiaspar

Member Bio
Reaction score
From the Globe (behind paywall):

AoD

From the Globe (behind paywall):

AoD

I don't know if they own any of the adjacent properties; that site itself is very deep, but quite narrow.

It would probably need to be part of an assembly.

Looks to be ~4000ft2 from aerial photos.

1617234282289.png

Looks to me that the everything to the north up to Hayden is a single lot.

That could make for an efficient assembly. (it would be ~12,000ft2 in conjuction with the Brass Rail)

1617234826499.png

In its current form, that block is nothing to miss.

Though it does have a pizzaiolo in it.

Ha!

The Brass Rail is listed in the Heritage Register (plus covered by a Heritage Conservation District)

1617235218959.png

The entire block to the north seems to be listed too.

That's much limited protection vs designation..........but that intrigues!

Damn it, another fine establishment lost to gentification. (kidding)

The article in the Globe and Mail is not behind the paywall as at 7:40am.

Key points from said article:

The Cooper family recently began shopping around three properties under and beside the Brass Rail. They are not selling the actual Yonge Street strip club – which is currently closed because of pandemic restrictions – but plan to wind up operations as the site is redeveloped.

Based on comparative land prices provided by their broker, the 0.21-acre site may garner in the range of $32-million.

On the subject of the size noted above; I played around a bit, I get the right sized property if you combine Brass Rail with the 2 properties to the south.

Currently Ginger and Naan Kabob.

But that doesn't mean I've got the existing parcel right, that's just a guess.

The media are trying to sell this as a future condo but it’s totally neutered by OPA183. Even the CIM doesn’t really try to push it as a development site...

For those unfamiliar with OPA 183:

Its colloquial name is:

The North Downtown Yonge Site and Area Specific Policy.

There are a number of design guidelines for the area; and the package also sought to enact the Heritage Conservation District for the area.

The latter remains under appeal.

The design guidelines should resemble those found here:

The details of the Plan can be found here, starting at page 295:

On the subject of the size noted above; I played around a bit, I get the right sized property if you combine Brass Rail with the 2 properties to the south.

Currently Ginger and Naan Kabob.

But that doesn't mean I've got the existing parcel right, that's just a guess.

695 (Ginger) and 685 Yonge sold a few years back for about $12m to the same person.

Whatever type of erection we get, lets hope that size isn't all that's going for it.

Back