News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 757     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.2K     3 

PM Justin Trudeau's Canada

It used to be, before city water treatment, that because of water-borne diseases like cholera, dysentery, hepatitis, salmonella, typhoid, etc. it was actually "safer" to drink beer or wine instead.

They're a health benefit - that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Actually, I prefer whisky but it's equally as medicinal. :p

I have some interesting news out of the UK that some people here may find interesting.

I spoke with my cousin 25 year old cousin in London this morning who has no preexisting conditions and is not in a priority group occupationally. Her entire family is vaccinated now and she is up next.

This a country with twice the population of Canada and yet we have not yet vaccinated one million people.

I look at the news and the press releases coming from Ottawa but it reeks of incompetency. The feds got caught with their pantaloons down when Covid hit and now we are so far behind without a plan that Canada looks incompetent on the global stage. It's one thing to say we purchased vaccines and that Canadians will be fully vaccinated by the fall but that's honestly too slow. The reality is the idea of all these vaccines coming does nothing for us right now, we should have had facilities to produce vaccines.

While countries like the US are easing restrictions for the fully vaccinated and places like the EU are demanding vaccine passports for entry into certain places the Trudeau Government really needs to step up, get a glove and get in the game.

Canadians are being left behind by a government that has no idea what they are doing other than to send out feel good press releases with little to no substance.

Sorry for the rant.

I have some interesting news out of the UK that some people here may find interesting.

I spoke with my cousin 25 year old cousin in London this morning who has no preexisting conditions and is not in a priority group occupationally. Her entire family is vaccinated now and she is up next.

This a country with twice the population of Canada and yet we have not yet vaccinated one million people.

I look at the news and the press releases coming from Ottawa but it reeks of incompetency. The feds got caught with their pantaloons down when Covid hit and now we are so far behind without a plan that Canada looks incompetent on the global stage. It's one thing to say we purchased vaccines and that Canadians will be fully vaccinated by the fall but that's honestly too slow. The reality is the idea of all these vaccines coming does nothing for us right now, we should have had facilities to produce vaccines.

While countries like the US are easing restrictions for the fully vaccinated and places like the EU are demanding vaccine passports for entry into certain places the Trudeau Government really needs to step up, get a glove and get in the game.

Canadians are being left behind by a government that has no idea what they are doing other than to send out feel good press releases with little to no substance.

Sorry for the rant.
Yes, many countries are ahead of Canada in obtaining and injecting vaccines but many are also well behind us There are probably many reasons but a major one is that Canada does not currently have the capacity to produce vaccines and all is imported from countries which also want as much as they can get for their own population: (Italy just stopped a shipment destined for Australia). IMO, the Federal government really did VERY well to place a huge number of orders from a variety of sources at a time when it was unclear whether any (or which) and when any vaccines would actually be approved. Now that we appear to have a fairly large flow of vaccines arriving it is up to the Provinces to get them into arms and the fact that the Ontario reservation portal will not open until 17th of March is hardly a good sign. Has it all been (or will it all be) perfect? No but .....

This is patently false.

The government is not faultless (there are policy failures associated with this government, nevermind previous ones), but on the vaccine front it did "okay" given the limited hand it had - i.e. our reliance on manufacturers outside the country. We are slow to start, but it looks like we will be exceeding the number of doses over the original timeframe.

AoD

Sorry for the rant.

Bravo, well said, it is sad and predictable our vaccination speed behind all other developed countries, seeing that we have an substitute arts teacher for a Prime Minister

Keep in mind that the alternative is Erin O'Toole, who is almost as unpopular as Scheer now. The CPC is stuck at 30% or less in every poll, no matter what happens, which is a remarkable failure!

Keep in mind that the alternative is Erin O'Toole, who is almost as unpopular as Scheer now. The CPC is stuck at 30% or less in every poll, no matter what happens, which is a remarkable failure!

Personally I would prefer it if Elizabeth Rowley would end up as Prime Minister.

As opposed to what? What sort of career choice is acceptable to you for a politician?

Anything that give you experience to a MANAGE A COUNTRY during a pandemic: Business, Law, Medicine, Military, High Education, Economist etc. this is not an ARTS CLASSROOM

Erin O'Toole:

Military career

Following his graduation, O'Toole was commissioned as an officer in the Canadian Forces Air Command.[8] His first posting with Air Command occurred in Trenton, Ontario, where he was involved in search and rescue operations. O'Toole also spent time at 17 Wing in Winnipeg, Manitoba, where he completed his training as an air navigator.[8]

In 1997, O'Toole was posted to 12 Wing in Shearwater, Nova Scotia. While serving at this post, O'Toole flew as a tactical navigator on a CH-124 (Sea King) helicopter with 423 Squadron, conducted maritime surveillance, and performed search and rescue and naval support operations.[8] While serving at 12 Wing, O'Toole was promoted to the rank of captain. He received the Canadian Forces' Decoration for 12 years of service to Canada,[7] and was awarded the Sikorsky Helicopter Rescue Award for having rescued an injured fisherman at sea.[7]

In 2000, O'Toole completed his active service in the military.[8] He transferred to the reserves, working as a training officer running flight simulators, while he pursued a law degree.[7]

Legal career

O'Toole graduated from the Schulich School of Law at Dalhousie University with a law degree in 2003;[11] He returned to Ontario where he articled at, and later became a lawyer with, Stikeman Elliott, a business law firm in Toronto.[12] During this time, O'Toole primarily practiced in the areas of product liability, insolvency, competition and general commercial law.[13][14] Between 2006 and 2011, O'Toole served as Canadian in-house counsel for Procter & Gamble.[5] He acted as corporate counsel for Gillette, provided commercial and regulatory law advice, was counsel on issues relating to legislation, and investigated counterfeiting operations.[14][15] In 2011, O'Toole joined the law firm Heenan Blaikie.[16][17]

Anything that give you experience to a MANAGE A COUNTRY during a pandemic: Business, Law, Medicine, Military, High Education, Economist etc. this is not an ARTS CLASSROOM

None of those professions have anything to do with managing a country. You think a helicopter pilot or a lawyer makes someone qualified to "manage a country" but not an educator? That's absurd.

None of those professions have anything to do with managing a country. You think a helicopter pilot or a lawyer makes someone qualified to "manage a country" but not an educator? That's absurd.
A country releases new LAWS all the time, have you heard about the COVID QUARANTINE ACT? You know that's a part of the LAW right?
Having a LAW background is not useful running a country???

Being in the MILITARY is a GREAT experience in MANAGING people, following DISCIPLINE and devoting yourself to your country and public and is DIRECTLY related to managing a country...

I'm unclear if you're serious or you're trolling at this point.

Back