Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

We need to recruit someone with a high-up west view in Theatre Park ASAP.
Not quite Theatre Park but I might be able to help with that

BA4DF107-08AD-488D-857C-8FD2B384C3E8.jpeg

Been re-tooling the supporting docs a bit so a weird little jump from last months post (in the background) but we should be a little more accurate now...Excited for them to not approve the height increase so I can do it all over again!

The One - March 1.jpg

The One Timeline Cropped.jpg

We need to recruit someone with a high-up west view in Theatre Park ASAP.
Why recruit someone new. I say we crowdfund @Benito to move to Theatre Park after The One tops out! That way, we can be sure to get daily updates. Can't risk someone new being less enthusiastic than @Benito !!

For anyone that's curious, the podium south of the tower measures 26.75m x 31.21m, while the tower itself measures 31.2m x 31.2m. Solving the mystery, another The One tower will not fit in the podium section!

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Also, amazing angle @salsa
True, but doesn't Mizrahi own all of the remaining older buildings immediately south as well? I do recall that a knock-out wall was added in the south wall of the parking garage, implying the possibility of a Two for One.

Let's put this into historical perspective. Currently number 4 in terms of pages. And roughly tied for number 3 in terms of replies and views. Considering it has barely started to climb and the others are long completed I suspect The One will be number 1 on all fronts long before completion. And this is post #9,000 in this thread.

View attachment 302831
I too think the one will be #1 or close to it if not at completion. There are other buildings here that could give it a run for its money however. CIBC square is a long shot but it has an entire second phase to go. Wouldnt be surprised if it ends up second behind the one upon completion.

M+G sales havent even started yet and will definitely have surpassed the one by the time it is completer, but that could be 10 years down the road still.

One yonge could also give the one a run, they have just started work on phase 2 which is the supertall and theres a 3rd phase to come as well.

Slightly surprised the well isnt on that list but I digress as this is getting off topic. The One will certainly be the sole owner of first at some point in time. How long that lasts is tbd

True, but doesn't Mizrahi own all of the remaining older buildings immediately south as well? I do recall that a knock-out wall was added in the south wall of the parking garage, implying the possibility of a Two for One.
They use to, but they were not able to purchase the building where the Rogers store currently is - that is owned by Kingset (I'm 95% sure) who would not sell. The original plans for the south podium had both the Rogers building and 760 Yonge where their site office is located. I remember working with those original concept drawings about 5 years ago but it all changed because of Kingset. The parking ramp originally was on the south end directly lining up with the lane south of 33 Balmuto. So they ended up selling the rest of those south buildings from what I recall.

As for knock out wall - the only knock out wall would be to the north for a PATH connection if that ever happens

Last edited:
They use to, but they were not able to purchase the building where the Rogers store currently is - that is owned by Kingset (I'm 95% sure) who would not sell. The original plans for the south podium had both the Rogers building and 760 Yonge where their site office is located. I remember working with those original concept drawings about 5 years ago but it all changed because of Kingset. The parking ramp originally was on the south end directly lining up with the lane south of 33 Balmuto. So they ended up selling the rest of those south buildings from what I recall.

As for knock out wall - the only knock out wall would be to the north for a PATH connection if that ever happens
It's kinda funny, watching an actual game of Monopoly occur in Toronto.

Guys, I'm getting a little concerned that they might be having a supply issue with the structural steel components. Schedule wise column assembly would be critical path. I'll breath easier when I see forming around the super column bases...

Guys, I'm getting a little concerned that they might be having a supply issue with the structural steel components. Schedule wise column assembly would be critical path. I'll breath easier when I see forming around the super column bases...
Do you have any like...reasoning or proof? There's clearly a lot of technical steel needed in this build and they've been adding new pieces almost weekly.

proof no, .... reasoning "adding pieces almost weekly" as you have pointed out on a 300+m skyscraper, nobody I've worked with would approve this schedule, too much money laid out at this point in time. Structural steel erection is primary based on supply, available manpower and crane utilization. I'm not seeing the manpower and crane utilization. Do they need the top of the podium complete for a staging area? I doubt it for this stage. I'll open the floor up if anyone's got ideas.

proof no, .... reasoning "adding pieces almost weekly" as you have pointed out on a 300+m skyscraper, nobody I've worked with would approve this schedule, too much money laid out at this point in time. Structural steel erection is primary based on supply, available manpower and crane utilization. I'm not seeing the manpower and crane utilization. Do they need the top of the podium complete for a staging area? I doubt it for this stage. I'll open the floor up if anyone's got ideas.
The plan is to (at least it was) top out the south podium concrete structure - re-erect the yellow crane on that structure and take the center crane down - they need that center crane down before they can pour the level 5 transfer slab. If that steel is where it is (level 7 or 8) then there is a small lift left to level 9 which can be picked by the yellow crane from what I remember on its lifting capacity charts (max lift around 18600kg). The push could be for the south podium to top out - and then work steadily on the tower from there on out - but the tower level 4 formwork not showing up is interesting for sure. Again this was the previous plan - I am not sure if it has changed

The plan is to (at least it was) top out the south podium concrete structure - re-erect the yellow crane on that structure and take the center crane down - they need that center crane down before they can pour the level 5 transfer slab. If that steel is where it is (level 7 or 8) then there is a small lift left to level 9 which can be picked by the yellow crane from what I remember on its lifting capacity charts (max lift around 18600kg). The push could be for the south podium to top out - and then work steadily on the tower from there on out - but the tower level 4 formwork not showing up is interesting for sure. Again this was the previous plan - I am not sure if it has changed
Well, that makes sense to me why there has been more notable focus on the podium business. And the complexity of this exchange as you have indicated may take a long bit to accomplish. Thusly, this is not evidence of shortage of supplies...rather lengthy procedures while they shift around building tools.

...but if my memory also serves me correct, I believe that may also be using main elevator core for their hoist elevators, normally reserved for outside of the building being constructed. Which may also be a consideration in all of this.

Back