Toronto The Rosedale on Bloor | 185.92m | 55s | Gupta | Arcadis

First cladding is up...

img_4702-jpg.296560

Can't say much good about the cladding thus far; hopefully it turns out better than I'm suspecting.

Not promising. Let's hope this is only for the Selby St building (hotel?) that's barely visible from its surroundings, let alone on the skyline.

Hard to judge on just a handful of frames, but that doesn't look that bad. Nearly a full height window, tight gaps on the panels. Kind of bothers me that on the full-height panels they didn't carry the line at the bottom of the sill through, but that's only because I'm really looking at it.

I mean, I hate grey too, but at least it's not busy and cluttered. So far, anyway.

The same basic metallic cladding look! But the windows seem to be dark glazed. And that might compensate for the looks of this building when added with the silver cladding.

Trending on the meh/subpar side for me. The first few pieces of cladding does remind me of the Couture Condos by Monarch during the early boom, a few blocks away at Jarvis & Charles:

Beautiful solid looking cladding for the podium as seen in the second last photo up above nice !

Back