Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

5th and 6th floors.

the first 2 floors are poured and “done”, the steel is up for the next two, and now they are putting the first bit of steel up for the 5th and 6th.
Oh, right...I keep forgetting there's that podium bit at the south end of this. 5th floor then!

...and thus I sit sorely corrected. :(

Last edited:
This steelwork is really pushing me to my limit...😬 As always best guess and I appreciate the varying angles.

The One- January 29.jpg

That framework is the coolest thing I've seen in a construction project in all my 12.5 years lurking on here and following construction projects. Such a unique development to watch go up and it's gonna get so much better in the coming months.

That framework is the coolest thing I've seen in a construction project in all my 12.5 years lurking on here and following construction projects. Such a unique development to watch go up and it's gonna get so much better in the coming months.
For example, soon we'll be seeing the first hangar pieces.

Before the height was increased for 1 Bloor W, I kept daydreaming about 1 Bloor E being more elegant at 85s or 95s even. My visions are pictured below. Would you have liked this iteration instead, or would you rather the very tall guy, short girl couple to-be :).Damned be this pervasive, height fixation, which has taken the better part of my life...:(
1 bloor 85.PNG
1 bloor 95.PNG

Can anyone with better skill than me on things like this make a better future view of The One from the DVP? This was my view coming downtown yesterday and I was curious how it would look like with The One added to the skyline. Truly dominating.

View attachment 296977

Your wish is my command :)

This is fun practice for me, the height is obviously approximate (some of the renders overstate the height.) It looks quite sharp without all the extra rendering flairs, exciting no matter the colour it'll be.

(Image is from google streetview)

skyline.png

Back