Toronto Kipling Station Transit Hub | ?m | 2s | Metrolinx | SAI

Perhaps add a continuously running cable car service between the 2 terminals where you have to jump on and off.
Again, DOA as Hydro One will not allow it under their transmission lines.

Perhaps the MiWay busses can pull into that new terminal but then continue further west to Islington Station as it did all along to connect with the subway.

Perhaps the MiWay busses can pull into that new terminal but then continue further west to Islington Station as it did all along to connect with the subway.
What's the point of that? The whole idea behind this new terminal is to eliminate buses from outside of Toronto going to Islington station.

^^^ Metrolinx omitted a coffee/snack shop inside this new terminal. Really disappointed they did this and I told their customer service reps there if they could report to their managers to have Metrolinx consider putting one in.

To me it looks like as they redesigned this bus terminal twice due to Hydro One regulations and future subway expansions needs (for future TTC subway yard at former Obico Yard land) it got smaller and smaller in terms of building mass reductions leaving little room for extras.

However, I think there is enough room to add a Gateway Newstand. One that is better than Kipling Station which is outdated and too small.

Last edited:

I assume you meant east, but what would be the point? When you extend a subway line (or in this case build a terminal which should have been there from day one) routes are logically restructured to terminate at the closer station.

I assume you meant east, but what would be the point? When you extend a subway line (or in this case build a terminal which should have been there from day one) routes are logically restructured to terminate at the closer station.
There is no logic reason for a miWay bus to go east of Cloverdale station/terminal unless they have taken over a TTC route(s).

The whole idea behind the Big Move Gateway Hub at Cloverdale was to have TTC service Toronto, miWay to service Mississauga, GO Transit being able to get off/onto 427 to get to X after dropping riders off faster. It would speed up travel time for riders going in both direction as well reduce operation cost for everyone.

The logic was to have the subway extended to Cloverdale before the Big Move surface to meet future development west of Kipling as well around Cloverdale, but shot down too many time by TTC commissioners as some felt the east need more service over the west that became the Ford bother platform for election. We can see where that has gotten us since 2010 and don't see any operation east of Kennedy until the mid 30's, not the current timetable.

If the Cloverdale extension got built by 2010, Everyone would see saving over $100 millions so far and close to over $250 million by 2030. City would be seeing more development income than they are currently seeing.

I was looking at the pictures of the signage at this station and thinking "hey, this opened in 2021" and then looking at the Metrolinx sign implementation manuals and way-finding standards that were published in August 2019, and can't help but think "there goes another document to collect dust". This station really doesn't comply to the new way-finding standard much at all. Strange font used for Black on White Facility Name, no sign of the "T brand", bus stops use the standard signs the transit operators use, some really colourful bands with brand above and encompassing a small bus icon, white bus icon with with transit brand underneath... clearly they just made it up while they went. I shouldn't be surprised... Metrolinx isn't enforcing the standard in Union station either.

I was looking at the pictures of the signage at this station and thinking "hey, this opened in 2021" and then looking at the Metrolinx sign implementation manuals and way-finding standards that were published in August 2019, and can't help but think "there goes another document to collect dust". This station really doesn't comply to the new way-finding standard much at all. Strange font used for Black on White Facility Name, no sign of the "T brand", bus stops use the standard signs the transit operators use, some really colourful bands with brand above and encompassing a small bus icon, white bus icon with with transit brand underneath... clearly they just made it up while they went. I shouldn't be surprised... Metrolinx isn't enforcing the standard in Union station either.
It makes no sense at all but then again when has Metrolinx ever done anything that actually makes sense other than running go transit.

Because this was put u/c before the standards were out - I also think MiWay was responsible for the fit-out.
It makes no sense at all but then again when has Metrolinx ever done anything that actually makes sense other than running go transit.
Running GO transit wasn't Metrolinx' choice nor does it really make sense. Metrolinx pushing for wayfinding integration and combined bus procurements along with a pretty long list of other things definitely make sense . . .

Because this was put u/c before the standards were out - I also think MiWay was responsible for the fit-out.

Running GO transit wasn't Metrolinx' choice nor does it really make sense. Metrolinx pushing for wayfinding integration and combined bus procurements along with a pretty long list of other things definitely make sense . . .
Sorry but, wrong. The plan has been from day one that all transit systems in the GTAH area would be under ML control at some point of time. How routes would be service would be left up to the remains of current system, the cities and those who have taken over routes from current systems. This is the London model. One only has to look at York Region to see the London Model and what ML is looking at. You can add Atlantic City NJ to this model and something TTC has been looking at.

ML is responsible for fit-out other than what is needed by miWay.

Anything that has change at ML after the contract was tender has never been included in it or in the contract. Have said that, there wasn't anything stopping ML from making changes to the contract by the way of change order or amend the contract.

In the US, some States order all the buses for all the systems in the state either under their name or a combination of State and Cities. One State just order BYD buses for every system in it as well has options for other States and system to be part of the ordering process.

Metrolinx was started when the government of Ontario to run go transit everything else that has been handed over to them has been by the government of Ontario. Metrolinx was never set up to properly administrator anything outside of go transit. It should have been set up like metro council was in Toronto and have representatives from each of the transit agencies in the GTHA, instead they want to sit in their conference room and dictate to everyone how they want to do it and if transit agencies don't want to play by the rules they want to set out they get the government of Ontario to threaten to withhold funding for public transit.

Metrolinx was started when the government of Ontario to run go transit everything else that has been handed over to them has been by the government of Ontario. Metrolinx was never set up to properly administrator anything outside of go transit. It should have been set up like metro council was in Toronto and have representatives from each of the transit agencies in the GTHA, instead they want to sit in their conference room and dictate to everyone how they want to do it and if transit agencies don't want to play by the rules they want to set out they get the government of Ontario to threaten to withhold funding for public transit.
I don't see why transit agencies should be represented. Metrolinx should be accountable to people, not other governmental agencies. Maybe mayors should be on the board, or representation elected by each city council weighted by population.

Back