Toronto 8 Temple | 52.12m | 15s | Curated Properties | RAW Design

Site as it is today:

1611078451677.png

We're looking east from the westernmost property involved (24 Temple) back to Dufferin (2 Temple)

My first take is that I want everyone of those mature trees saved, they look great.

My second is it would be a shame if all the facades and their associated character were lost.

Some of the homes are expendable, but some are quite endearing.

This is a look down the same street (Temple) looking west from Dufferin.

This proposal would be on the north side for a considerable distance.

1611078637278.png

Indeed, the R-zoning specifically allows for that use here as well.

Though the height limit and other details will still be in play.
Yup. My point more so was that this is not some neighbourhoods busting development. This is an existing apartment neighbourhoods site that for some reason has never been developed as such. It's not proposing to develop "yellowbelt" lands.

Yup. My point more so was that this is not some neighbourhoods busting development. This is an existing apartment neighbourhoods site that for some reason has never been developed as such. It's not proposing to develop "yellowbelt" lands.
A bit off-topic, but it would be interesting to see how many detached and semis are removed from housing inventory across the GTA each year for any form of intensification that adds at least one truly new unit (don't count coach houses, etc.) and the impact this has on detached/semi supply. As the city and the 905 start to redevelop more of the yellow belt in areas near transit stations per provincial planning, the supply of detached and semis in the region will start taking more of a hit across all of the older parts of the GTA lucky enough to be near higher-level transit. More detached homes will be built on farmland far from any transit, of course.

Back