Toronto 89 Avenue Yorkville | 76.5m | 20s | Armour Heights | Richard Wengle

Armour Heights Developments began by building custom homes in Toronto and, 39 years later, president Frank Mazzotta says his company is “going to build 35 custom homes in the sky.”

Mazzotta was referring to 89 Avenue Yorkville, a property formerly occupied by a Howard Johnson Hotel and Hotel 89. Vaughan-based Armour Heights acquired the site for $31 million and will develop a 20-storey condominium with 35 high-end suites and one three-level townhouse on it.

---------
Mazzotta spent time in New York City looking at similar projects and talking to developers to bring ideas back to Toronto for 89 Avenue Yorkville.

He’s hired architect Richard Wengle, interior designer Brian Gluckstein, landscape architect and designer James McWilliams, and Clark Construction, which will build the condo’s superstructure before Armour Heights finishes the building.

Demolition of the current building will be handled by Priestly Demolition. Site plan approval should occur within weeks and building permit submissions should be made by mid- to late November, according to Mazzotta.

A million-dollar sales presentation centre will be opened at 161 Cumberland St. The plan is to launch sales in the spring and for the condo to be occupied in March 2024.

What the marketing material shows or what it says?
The renderings show a 20-storey building, which is backed up by planning documents.
I'm assuming they're skipping a few levels to come up with 23. I'd guess 4, 13, and 14 aren't counted.

To me the renders above look like 23 floors - it's probably 24 but the LPH and PH levels are setback.

I did some research after posting and I read that the developer, Armour Heights, had originally planned for 24 floors.
Armour Heights decided to lower the number of floors to 20s and increased the ceiling heights.
They probably got blow back from the city planning with density/GFA.

To me the renders above look like 23 floors - it's probably 24 but the LPH and PH levels are setback.

I did some research after posting and I read that the developer, Armour Heights, had originally planned for 24 floors.
Armour Heights decided to lower the number of floors to 20s and increased the ceiling heights.
They probably got blow back from the city planning with density/GFA.
This is clearly 20 floors plus a mechanical penthouse:

20200424_171144-jpg.242290

Back