News   Apr 24, 2024
 672     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 874     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 555     0 

PM Justin Trudeau's Canada

EKOS has some approvals coming out and apparently Kenney's approval is in the teens now.

In federal news, The CPC is denying that Erin O'Toole did an email "interview" with The Rebel. They claim he did and posted the screenshots.

Last edited:
If we're not all vaccinated by summer I'd say Trudeau is toast.

Hmmm, to my understanding the Federal target is the end of September for substantial majority vaccination; and sufficient supply on hand to finish the job for anyone wanting a shot.

Hmmm, to my understanding the Federal target is the end of September for substantial majority vaccination; and sufficient supply on hand to finish the job for anyone wanting a shot.

Indeed. If that timeline slips significantly, then I could see Trudeau taking heat.

Indeed. If that timeline slips significantly, then I could see Trudeau taking heat.
I hold Harper and Trudeau accountable here. We really should have built a domestic vaccine production capacity after Sars, H1N1, etc, etc. We’re a first world country with a robust medical science and pharmaceutical industry.

My kids are scheduled to begin university in Sept 2021 so I hope the timeline doesn’t slip.

Last edited:
I hold Harper and Trudeau accountable here. We really should have built a domestic vaccine production capacity after Sars, H1N1, etc, etc. We’re a first world country with a robust medical science and pharmaceutical industry.

My kids are scheduled to begin university in Sept 2021 so I hope the timeline doesn’t slip.

We used to have public vaccine production capacity - Connaught Labs. Mulroney sold it in the 80s and it became Sanofi-Pasteur. Unfortunately the Toronto site AFAIK isn't a producer of the COVID-vaccine.

AoD

Last edited:
Bains is leaving cabinet because he's not running in the next election.

Meaning he's more committed to ensuring the new member of cabinet (Alghabra) has a better chance of winning the election through exposure as a minister beforehand than he was to his ministry.

Typical.

Bains Quits Cabinet; I'm Not Impressed

He's being replaced by Champagne, who is being replaced by Garneau.

I actually like Champagne (write this down, I like something around 2.3 Liberal MPs) and thought he was decent as FM. Garneau as FM? Nah, bruv.

So is Trudeau just leaving the covid response up to the individual provinces now? One gets that impression...

Bains has been one of the Liberal's most capable MPs. I can see why he'd want to bow out now, giving the party plenty of time to nominate a new candidate. Perhaps something came up in his personal life? Being a minister can be a hell of a lot of work if you're actually committed to it.

I'm not a Liberal, but I'm not sure I'd put too much into this.

Count me in as someone who was surprised by the retirement of Navdeep Bains. I always felt he was behind only Chrystia Freeland as favourite for the Liberal leadership post-Trudeau. Mind you, Stephen Harper left politics before returning to run for leadership of the Canadian Alliance, so never say never.

I imagine there is a very lucrative job for Bains waiting in government relations in Ottawa or Silicon Valley.

Back