News   Apr 26, 2024
 185     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 372     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 536     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

Yup. Not at all surprised by these numbers. The food processing plants and the logistics warehouses have been unsafe hell holes long before Covid hit. Sadly a lot of these workers are temp workers who are too afraid to call in sick.

A friend of mine works at a warehouse in Brampton. He posted a picture of the break room on FB. What a joke! 30 workers sitting close together with no masks in a small break room. Management, (who are all mostly working from home) won't let workers eat lunch in their vehicles or any other place in the building.
Not to mention there is no paid sick leave either.

AoD

Yup. Not at all surprised by these numbers. The food processing plants and the logistics warehouses have been unsafe hell holes long before Covid hit. Sadly a lot of these workers are temp workers who are too afraid to call in sick.

A friend of mine works at a warehouse in Brampton. He posted a picture of the break room on FB. What a joke! 30 workers sitting close together with no masks in a small break room. Management, (who are all mostly working from home) won't let workers eat lunch in their vehicles or any other place in the building.

If your friend would be afraid for his job, I understand.........

But perhaps you could raise the suggestion of sending the photo to the media?

If he doesn't know how; I'd be happy to help by supplying contacts.

That's the sort of thing that needs to be flagged at a Ford presser; LIVE.

We already know that happened at the Amazon Brampton distribution centre.

AoD

AoD

All we can do is keep trying.

There is no direct mechanism to fire the Premier.

We need to apply maximum pressure to that caucus to affect policy, or purge the government from within.

Longer term, I do want a BC-style voter recall system (high threshold, very difficult to make happen, but possible); such to make politicians just a little less comfortable about profoundly letting down their constituents.

This is really upsetting.

Sienna again, am I rite?

COVID money from the feds and province, enough to pay dividends, but "Measures to protect residents in the home from the coronavirus were “minimal to non-existent,” and staff were “complacent” about safety precautions" and now taken over by a provincially-funded acute care institution. Public costs, private profits.

I will be voting for any party that strips away Doug Ford's recently imposed legal protection for these long term care operators and make them account for all of these deaths.

AoD

Last edited:

I wish he would, but he won't. I already told him to snitch the place out. But he's afraid. He's a single parent who got hired on full time over the summer. He's only there until he finds a better job that's full time. This is the sad reality for thousands of non union factory/warehouse workers. They are afraid to speak out. I know what's like. The worst job I ever had in my life was when I worked on a assembly line in my early 20s. The guy next to me was working in my space with a dangerously sharp tool. I hit the emergency stop and shut down the entire line, because he wouldn't move out of my way. Next morning the plant manager fired me for doing that, and chewed me out saying I cost the company thousands of dollars blah blah blah. He walked me out to the parking lot. He wouldn't even let me go into the locker room to get my stuff. They cut my lock and put my belongings in a box and walked them out to me and took my key card and snapped it in half. As i drove way i yelled some choice words at him, which i shall not repeat ;)

This is really upsetting.

Didn't Doug stand at a podium in the spring, face flushed red with anger, swearing that the unacceptable conditions in LTC homes that enabled the virus to run rampant would never be allowed to occur again? Wasn't his own grandmother sick with covid in one of them?

Didn't Doug stand at a podium in the spring, face flushed red with anger, swearing that the unacceptable conditions in LTC homes that enabled the virus to run rampant would never be allowed to occur again? Wasn't his own grandmother sick with covid in one of them?

It's someone else's grandmother who went into the box afterall. Crocodile tears.

AoD

AoD

Linamar out of Guelph, another profits over people company, has had multiple outbreaks at their factories too. They were also fined yet again for a worker being badly burned by a fireball.

The billionaire owner and CEO of Linamar is on Ford's COVID-19 vaccine task force. No wonder the vaccines are taking so long!

Linamar out of Guelph, another profits over people company, has had multiple outbreaks at their factories too. They were also fined yet again for a worker being badly burned by a fireball.

The billionaire owner and CEO of Linamar is on Ford's COVID-19 vaccine task force. No wonder the vaccines are taking so long!

And of course: https://www.thestar.com/business/20...sidy-a-windfall-for-linamar-shareholders.html

AoD

Alvin I'm not trying to raise your blood pressure! If you look at the history of this thread I've been one of the most vocal critics of Canada's response at all levels of government and society to this pandemic. I would go so far as to say it's shattered my image of Canada and trust in government competency at all levels. There's really not much to be outraged about anymore so I'm more interested in the phenomenon and the system at this point.

Alvin I'm not trying to raise your blood pressure! If you look at the history of this thread I've been one of the most vocal critics of Canada's response at all levels of government and society to this pandemic. I would go so far as to say it's shattered my image of Canada and trust in government competency at all levels. There's really not much to be outraged about anymore so I'm more interested in the phenomenon and the system at this point.

Stop giving me that BS - you're the one who proposed to open up, stop controlling and let COVID run wild as a solution at one point. As to your image of Canada and trust in government - geez, we have drug dealer cheesecake demagogue as a premier (nevermind a whole bunch of other sleezebags - notably in Alberta - elsewhere) what the **** did you expect?

AoD

Last edited:

Back