Toronto 212 King Street West | 250m | 80s | Dream Office | SHoP

212aeial.jpg

Link
CIBC Square looks weird. Ice Condos look like a render as well.

Also, can someone try to help me figure out the uses here? The Arch Plans say there is only ~9,000sf of retail, on the ground floor. But there there are two banks of elevators apart from the main office / res elevator banks servicing podium levels.

One set of two elevators starts in a small retail space at grade and services 3 levels of office space in the podium. The elevators are labelled "LR". Perhaps this is a co-working space, with the idea that the retail space at grade it starts at would be an associated coffee shop or something?

The other set of elevators come out of the lobby and go to level 6/6M, which is labelled as office space. These elevators are labelled "PUB". The level features a large spiral staircase going to a mezzanine and some double height spaces overlooking an outdoor terrace above the heritage buildings. Can't figure this one out. It almost seems like some sort of event space, but why is it labelled as an office use?

Also, can someone try to help me figure out the uses here? The Arch Plans say there is only ~9,000sf of retail, on the ground floor. But there there are two banks of elevators apart from the main office / res elevator banks servicing podium levels.

One set of two elevators starts in a small retail space at grade and services 3 levels of office space in the podium. The elevators are labelled "LR". Perhaps this is a co-working space, with the idea that the retail space at grade it starts at would be an associated coffee shop or something?

The other set of elevators come out of the lobby and go to level 6/6M, which is labelled as office space. These elevators are labelled "PUB". The level features a large spiral staircase going to a mezzanine and some double height spaces overlooking an outdoor terrace above the heritage buildings. Can't figure this one out. It almost seems like some sort of event space, but why is it labelled as an office use?

Good questions about the 6th floor.

Don't have good answers, look forward to someone else's

The LR elevators though are just a break-out for the podium office space, which makes sense, the podium has much larger floor plates and will generate a lot of traffic.

One observation I note, the path access isn't on B1, but B2. That strikes me as awkward considering there is no proposals of below-grade retail either.

I'm going to note as well here, that the path connection here is not at the same level at Roy Thompson as best I can discern, whose Path also lacks retail; as does the connection to the subway under King.

Seems a bit pointless really if this whole section of Path lacks animation.

Weird that in the renders it looks taller than the Mirvish Gehry buildings, yet Mirvish is planned at 328m.
Must be the perspective I guess.

Weird that in the renders it looks taller than the Mirvish Gehry buildings, yet Mirvish is planned at 328m.
Must be the perspective I guess.
You're right, it really does look taller. I'll have to do some checking on the numbers there...

Back