Toronto Canary Commons | 42.06m | 12s | DundeeKilmer | a—A

This project looks like it's starting to come together. Will be interesting to watch progress on cladding into the spring. Is there any indication of which retailers will come to the space on Front?

This project looks like it's starting to come together. Will be interesting to watch progress on cladding into the spring. Is there any indication of which retailers will come to the space on Front?
It's designed and zoned to accommodate a grocery store (complete with higher ceilings and a delivery dock at back). Not sure if it's been leased to a retailer yet though

Yummy!

7E02C7C7-21D7-4D4D-AE3A-345D78C53BE3.jpeg

CF8B33EF-AAD3-42FC-BBD0-D32235052FDE.jpeg

Adding final glazing panel in this NE section...

4189DD72-3D61-45B4-BFF3-5AEEFDFBCB7D.jpeg

DD2C7BF1-9A7F-488E-8B28-85C44AAAC07E.jpeg

E3E6771C-4195-4BFE-862C-E463CBCE272C.jpeg

Less window wall surface area? Probably also because the latter wanted to do it on the cheap. And the former isn't using rounded glass or something...

I think this looks great - a little dull but seemingly high quality. Can't wait to see how the red accents end up looking

Last edited:
I think in a cold bright fresh day of mid January with lots of fresh poofy snow around, I'm going to tour this area again. Like I did with that last year when I was poking around with that other Canary building with the weird trippy green glass. And with a very few souls around, social distancing will likely not be an issue there. Where I'll quietly suppress my squee's, while trying not to look too conspicuous or suspicious to its residents...

...it will hopefully be another very Zen experience, geek wise. <3

Back