Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

The metal protrusions mentioned by @AlvinofDiaspar ...

View attachment 288013

Nope, wasn't referring to these - there are only present at the four corners of the floor plate, and from the looks of it, not visible from a street vantage point. A 300% blow-up of the NE corner from @thaivic's pic:

1607636975463.png

You can see a structure at the corner opposite the porta-potty. You can also see them from a slightly older pic by @Benito - this is the western edge of the tower:

1607637261430.png

300% zoom to the NW corner:

1607637299014.png

And the connector sitting on the form (presumably for the SW corner):

1607637421269.png

AoD

Last edited:
Is this how the whole building will go up? Large steel beams followed by scaffolding and "floor pours"? Because just this first floor has taken what has felt like months, surely there will be faster progress as this building grows, right?

The first few floors are quite special and tricky due to shifting structural loads around.

The repeating smaller floorplates after floor 7 will go much faster, around 1.5 floors per week (faster lower down, slower as they get higher).

The first few floors are quite special and tricky due to shifting structural loads around.

The repeating smaller floorplates after floor 7 will go much faster, around 1.5 floors per week (faster lower down, slower as they get higher).

Thanks for the answer!

I look forward to the day when the respective workers and Mr. Benito are shaking hands with each other at his balcony perch...
I look forward to the day where shaking hands is a thing again in general

I am pretty sure contractors and such working on this are aware of all the issues here and taking steps to rectify anything along this line that comes up. If this building topples over though in its construction, I guess your concerns will likely then have more merit...
I didn't have any concerns

Damn didn't realize how slow this thing is. March to Dec...this thing has barely moved up.

Hopefully with permits resolved...this thing shoots up like a rocket.
Height ≠ progress in this case! A substantial amount of complicated steelwork to have that floating podium and a rather unfortunate hold that we shall no longer need to talk about!

Back