Toronto Richmond Adelaide Centre: 120 & 130 Adelaide West Recladding | 136.85m | 35s | Oxford Properties | WZMH

Wow, she really didn't get that this guy has moved here! (Also, I kinda hate it when reporters ask questions that are too broad and without context "What do you think this will do for the City of Toronto?" like we don't have any other public art.)

Yeah I should have said "nice comments from a Barcelona guy... inspite of lame questions from a (clearly over-paid) reporter".

Wow, she really didn't get that this guy has moved here! (Also, I kinda hate it when reporters ask questions that are too broad and without context "What do you think this will do for the City of Toronto?" like we don't have any other public art.)

Proving yet again that most people don't listen very well...

I think the term is "softball questions". They're designed not offend nor engage in serious dialog and oft entirely pointless in brevity. So yeah, pretty clueless.

Photos cannot capture the essence of this installation. It is really something, especially walking from east to west along Adelaide (almost to the point of being a hazard - it nearly caused me to walk into the street...)

Here's one of his in Madrid (from May 2019)

DSCN7740.JPG

From Friday night:
Dreaming by Jack Landau, on Flickr
I should've added this to my post but just a general note for photographers or anyone trying to rightfully enjoy a POPS like this:
While I was shooting this on Friday, a security guard came out and told me that photography was not permitted because it is "private property."
Don't take this crap from people. I explained how a POPS works and stood my ground, the guy went in and made whatever phone calls he had to make, and I left once I had my shots. This comes up so often and people need to know that they have every right to use a POPS-designated space as long as their use doesn't break laws or interfere with anyone else's enjoyment. You are not trespassing and should never let anyone (however much of an authority figure they may present themselves as) bully you into leaving. End of rant.

Back