Toronto Corktown Common | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto | Maryann Thompson

When I was a kid I would usually slide down on by butt.. didn’t know kids these days slide down on one knee..

In all honesty that seems like a weird way to be burned by a slide.. If that the only burn it looks more like a rug burn than a touch my right knee on a hot surface burn.

But who am I to say I’m no burn expert o_O

In my view, the CBC article describes a case where the parent was negligent and is blaming the City. The child was 2 years old, and put on the slide by the parent. This in spite of a posted warning sign. This is not a situation where an older child chose on their own to use the slide.

The City shouldn't overreact to this incident.

How about - act like a parent instead of expecting 100% safety where it is unreasonable to do so. As to the retort to the first point - we have all been kids too and somehow we survived hot metal slides. So take a number and don't trot out being a parent as a talking point.

AoD
I grew up with metal slides.. Even fell off of one once - lived to tell the tale.

We'd usually check if the slide was too hot for use - this was standard. ^^ Kid above is already on her way to a Darwin Award... Given the mom, not surprised the apple fell right by the tree.

Yup, we live in an increasingly spoiled society where people take less and less responsibility. Everything is someone else's fault.

Pavilion, Corktown Common Park (monochrome).

20201021_134054.jpg

Folks were complaining last weekend that only one of the washrooms were open. Massive line up. Can anyone speak to what the little office is for in the pavilion and how often it's used? Wondering it it can be converted into additional washroom facilities.

Corktown Common, like many of our parks has become one giant receptacle for dog fecies and urine so they might as well just go on the grass like the dogs do. It's not like you can sit on that grass any more.

I guess I'll stick this here.

In a report to the June 29th meeting of Government and Licensing Ctte, the City is set to convey its ownership of the Flood Protection Landform (wet side) to the TRCA.

This is being done to allow for an easement for Enbridge, in order for the latter to decommission its existing crossing of the Don, and implement its new one.

That in turn will facilitate other area developments....

Reactions: DSC

Back