News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.4K     4 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 505     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.2K     0 

Infographics - Future Toronto Skyline

I don't see 160 Front West on here.

It's obstructed in the previous two images, sandwiched between Union Centre and 145 Wellington.
Here's another angle where you can partially see 160 Front:

50371528471_162f0f4d13_k.jpg

Here are two infographics I've shared on Twitter featuring growth in the Downtown Core. I'll repost them here:

1/2

Since the start of the Condominium Boom, residential development in Toronto's Downtown Core has vastly outnumbered the construction of other building-types. This trend continues to be realized, with current and future development as illustrated in this graphic.

50403982668_6dde15afd5_k.jpg

2/2

This visual highlights skyscrapers in Downtown Toronto exceeding 200 metres in height, emphasizing areas where future height and density are being proposed in contrast to what exists today.

50404690866_c28996b246_k.jpg

Very cool. How are you defining "mixed-use"? Also it seems like some hotels are being counted as residential (51 Camden is the one I noticed)?

Very cool. How are you defining "mixed-use"? Also it seems like some hotels are being counted as residential (51 Camden is the one I noticed)?

That’s right. An error on my end, 51 Camden should be highlighted as mixed use. Thanks for pointing that out

Awesome work!

You are missing a bunch of projects in Regent Park though (presumably because the City's development application website is a complete mess for Regent Park. Seriously, the entire neighbourhood under one application file?)

Awesome work!

You are missing a bunch of projects in Regent Park though (presumably because the City's development application website is a complete mess for Regent Park. Seriously, the entire neighbourhood under one application file?)

Agreed. It’s a challenge to keep this accurate and up to date, resulting in some missing builds. And a little more difficult to navigate the dev app site lately since it was redesigned.

Several more infographics from Twitter:

1/4 (*This one is very similar to one I did a few years back)

This illustration of Toronto and New York City (Manhattan) informally compares the skylines of both cities as they appear in 2020. NYC = 82 completed buildings over 200 m TOR = 23 completed buildings over 200 m

50437336741_e11447a5c0_k.jpg

2/4

A look at Toronto’s evolving central waterfront, with a focus on high-rise developments in the South Core and Lower Yonge Precinct.

50437356616_8837df57fe_k.jpg

3/4
Several skyscrapers are set to rise along Yonge street in Downtown Toronto, including the 85-storey YSL Residences (1), which began construction in 2019 but has since been halted. If completed, the project will rise to a height of 299 metres.

50437336726_5c976e4f2b_k.jpg

4/4

Throwback Thursday: The evolution of Toronto’s skyline from 2010 - 2030 (projected).

50437509657_17efc5021c_k.jpg

Great stuff Steve!
I used to do much crappier versions of your NYC silhouettes behind Toronto “style” skylines comparisons back in the city vs. city days of ssp. On my Xmas wish-list would one of yours with Chicago silhouetted and Toronto... but including “proposed” projects. 😍 I recently did a "By the Numbers" built, u/c, proposed TOR-CHI comparison in an existing 'compare' Politics thread, along with a bunch of editorializing (especially about CTBUH criteria and what's a skyscraper? lol), but the punch-line was this:
“...for fun I decided to add in just 25% of the Toronto proposals (24 skyscrapers) and 25% of the Chicago proposals (3 skyscrapers), to arrive at my informal built-construction-proposed snapshot:
TORONTO = 119 skyscrapers (using my 150m +/- 1 metre metric)
CHICAGO = 105 skyscrapers (using my 150m +/- 1 metre metric) … Toronto will one day be the number 2 skyline in North America imo….”
Data graphic link
Thread link
Cheers and thanks again for your spectacular renders (my favourite thread).

Back