Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 345.5m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

Sky candy is that a white precast panel on right? Sorry it's kinda hard to see with my cellphone screen.
Screenshot_20200925-172633_Gmail.jpg

Sky candy is that a white precast panel on right? Sorry it's kinda hard to see with my cellphone screen.
View attachment 271836

Pretty sure it's a no....it appears to be the same gleaming material seen elsewhere on the cladding. It's clean, brilliantly white and perfectly installed - unlike precast which can look scuffed and coarser.

Yeah that's some high-grade pre-cast concrete... luv the way it reflects the light in a kinda metallic, coated aluminum way.

bmp92BGxDb.jpeg

Almost reminds me a bit like this, in a unitised way:
unitised.jpg

Link

In the Phase 1 renders, these pre-cast concrete blocks appeared to be flat. Glad to see they added some dimensionality to them. This project might be undergoing whatever the opposite of the cheapening is. Really bodes well for the rest of this project, as this is arguably the least impressive of the three proposed towers here.

6918-88114.jpeg

In the Phase 1 renders, these pre-cast concrete blocks appeared to be flat. Glad to see they added some dimensionality to them. This project might be undergoing whatever the opposite of the cheapening is. Really bodes well for the rest of this project, as this is arguably the least impressive of the three proposed towers here.

You're mixing up the elevations. The panels they've put up on that elevation are indeed flat, as shown in the rendering.

Some of the strips start out pointed, some of the strips start out flat, and it looks like the vertical lines transition at various points up the elevations. Even in the rendering you posted, you can see that the left-most strip becomes pointed near the top of the image

You're mixing up the elevations. The panels they've put up on that elevation are indeed flat, as shown in the rendering.

Some of the strips start out pointed, some of the strips start out flat, and it looks like the vertical lines transition at various points up the elevations. Even in the rendering you posted, you can see that the left-most strip becomes pointed near the top of the image

Ahh, got it, thanks for the clarification. Happy with how it's progressing nevertheless! :)

Yeah that's some high-grade pre-cast concrete... luv the way it reflects the light in a kinda metallic, coated aluminum way. Almost reminds me a bit like this, in a unitised way
Thanks @ DtTO for getting the joke. 😥 Gotta work my material...

FYI I was referring to the flat portions, which look like precast, not metal. Obviously the three dimensional portions are not precast. Interesting to know that even the flat portions are metal.

Back