Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
Quick link to some GPI Design images for CIBC Square:

I wonder while the crane is there, that they will install the sign once the crown is completed, which I am guessing will be next week. Makes sense as the crane is there at the time.

September 18, 2020

IMG_20200918_134955396_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200918_135014687_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200918_135206420_HDR.jpg

I wonder while the crane is there, that they will install the sign once the crown is completed, which I am guessing will be next week. Makes sense as the crane is there at the time.

Seems the crown glass installation is taking forever. I think completion by next week is very optimistic.

Anyone know if this project is going to have lighting outside? It's really common in big cities but I haven't seen a lot of it in Toronto. Even Calgary has some...

The diamonds will be lit up at night, as per the renderings

5750-33291.jpeg

Pretty excited for the lighting. I have wondered a bit how it will look with lights on inside the offices, hopefully they don't disrupt the diamond lighting effect too much. I hope they get the timing in the evening just right so that it maintains and doesn't interfere with the beautiful sunset reflections and then turns on lighting right as it gets dark.

I think it's been pointed out before, the lighting would likely be much more subtle here once it gets going than that of the Telus Sky tower.

Back