Toronto 110 Bloor West | 5.45m | 1s | ProWinko | BDP Quadrangle

androiduk

Member Bio
Reaction score
About time. I think this is that wasted space beside Nike.

Application: Mechanical(MS) Status: Not Started

TORONTO M5S 2W7

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 12 237176 HVA 00 MS Accepted Date: Mar 26, 2013

Project: Multiple Unit Building Building Permit Related(MS)

Description: HVAC - Proposal to construct a 3 sty front addition, interior demolition to lower concourse, ground floor, & 2nd floor, new demising walls, and interior laterations to infill portion of floor on the 2nd floor of existing commercial spaces.

Not entirely wasted. Are you still going to be able to get to that subway entrance from Bloor?

Plans to redevelop the podium at 110 Bloor were put into place last year. That was made possible in part with the exit of three retailers on the western portion of the Bloor street side of the building, allowing for new tenant opportunities within four new retail spaces. That includes ‘Unit 1’ spanning 1,614 square feet, ‘Unit 2’ spanning 966 square feet, ‘Unit 3’ at 1,010 square feet, and ‘Unit 4’ with two levels including a street-facing 2,466 square foot space as well as an optional 2,346 square foot basement level. Unit 2 has already been leased to an international luxury brand according to Mr. Markowitz. Lease terms are between five and 10 years, according to marketing materials provided to Retail Insider by CBRE.

The existing Winners flagship store at 110 Bloor Street West will remain operational. Plans show a renovated entrance to Winners which is more upscale and matches the design aesthetic of the new Bloor Street facades as a whole.

The eastern portion of the Bloor Street frontage at 110 Bloor currently houses Brooks Brothers and J. Crew stores. Both companies recently filed for bankruptcy protection and their future on Bloor Street is uncertain. If both retailers were to exit the 110 Bloor complex, plans are in place to replace them. The street level of Brooks Brothers spans about 4,570 square feet according to plans, while the J. Crew space is 7,507 square feet. The spaces may be combined to form one larger unit with triple-height facades according to marketing materials. Furthermore, an additional 13,000 square feet could be available on the basement level of the building to connect with street level retail.

The north facing side of 110 Bloor overlooks the Village of Yorkville Park and Cumberland Street. Renderings showcase the opportunity to create a basement level retail space that could house an urban-format grocery store. A lower level space spanning 13,295 square feet could be accessed from street level via a ground level space spanning 1,920 square feet according to lease plans indicating new tenant possibilities.

1600286572640.png

1600286585032.png

1600286598100.png

Black and gold is often a winner. But Calvin Klein on the Mink Mile? I know it's just a place holder but still.

Black and gold is often a winner. But Calvin Klein on the Mink Mile? I know it's just a place holder but still.

There was a Calvin Klein store along this stretch before they closed down. I don't see the issue. There's also a Winners and Home Sense here. And even a Hakim Optical at Bay & Bloor.

Currently there is a Winners on the "Mink Mile" (which I, for one, will miss if & when it goes).

Do Torontonians ever refer to Bloor St as the Mink Mile or is that just a name the local BIZ made up (presumably back when women actually wore mink & Canada used the Imperial measurement system)? It seems both... dated and pretentious & not in a cool throwback way. JMO.

Oh no! My local homesense/winners! This stretch is v tired looking though so I can't say I'm surprised they're looking to renovate

Good news, the Winners will remain. From the article:

The existing Winners flagship store at 110 Bloor Street West will remain operational. Plans show a renovated entrance to Winners which is more upscale and matches the design aesthetic of the new Bloor Street facades as a whole.

Remember back in the day when the Yorkville elite were protesting Winners opening this store in the area, because it wasnt elite enough for them?

Ah those were the days!

Unless their product has improved greatly since my time living in Korea, Paris Baguette is about on par with the baked goods at my local ValuMart. Nothing to get excited about. I’m surprised at this prime location. They were EVERYWHERE in Korea, and not at all considered high end.

Last edited:
Unless their product has improved greatly since my time living in Korea, Paris Baguette is about on par with the baked goods at my local ValuMart. Nothing to get excited about. I’m surprised at this prime location. They were EVERYWHERE in Korea, and not at all considered high end.

Most baked goods at most Valumart's are really meh!

But that would seem prefereable to over-priced meh!

I've never tried this place.

I had some hopes as I find there really is a shortage of places to get a good baguette in this town.

Back