Toronto 11 Bay | 269.45m | 54s | QuadReal | Daoust Lestage

@alisunderji It does? Slide 3 is 'Site Context'. Knowing the potential lessee, I would expect that HPA would have worked tirelessly to ensure they're not named in this presentation.

slide2.png

(also this was initially posted on the Ferry Terminal forum - apologies!)
😅

It's legit:)

11 BAY ST
Ward 10 - Tor & E.York District

Proposal for a 54-storey office tower with mixed-use podium. The proposal consists of a total of 117,380 square metres of gross floor area, including 105,220 square metres of office space and 12,160 square metres of conference centre.
Proposed Use ---​
# of Storeys ---​
# of Units ---​
Type​
Number​
Date Submitted​
Status​
Applications:
Rezoning​
20 190036 STE 10 OZ​
Sep 4, 2020​
Application Received​

It's nice to see this development becoming legitimage but it doesn't have that wow factor that The Hub and the new CIBC tower have . Like to see new rendering of this tower for the waterfront area !

While I am certainly looking forward to this bunker being redeveloped, I wonder if the development will actually go ahead in its currently planned way and schedule. Not sure I would be investing in either more offices or more convention space just at the moment. I will only believe it when they start to demolish what's there now!

If you feel like it, have a look at recent comments in the 1200 Bay thread: LINK

One of my comments wondered why we haven't seen proposals that marry very large office components to very large residential components in one structure - one might think this mix would have some client/employee (purchaser) appeal for the post pandemic era. Almost "work from home" but safe from the newborns' crying fits during the workday ;-)

So put me in charge and I'll secure a signature office client for this site, and a very tall Renzo Piano masterpiece unlike anything seen in the country... good location for it. I'll even include The Bay on Bay if they are still in business.

I was wondering when this site would be redeveloped. Aside from the height maybe, the current proposal is nothing special.

I was wondering when this site would be redeveloped. Aside from the height maybe, the current proposal is nothing special.
It may not be very special but what IS good about it is that (if it gets built) it will remove a remarkably ugly building with zero street presence with one that at least AIMS to have some and it will allow the City to greatly improve the Jack Layton Ferry Terminal

Back