Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
P1280145.JPG
P1280148.JPG
P1280169.JPG

1597028206011.png

Last edited:
Thanks to the wonders of Google Streetview, this is what that view looked like before CIBC (and without a massive lens)...

Reactions: rbt
Huge apologies for messing with your pic sikandar.

There have been some comments re: CIBC being too wide/lousy massing and I speculated that the intended "conceit" of 2 conjoined towers might have worked a bit better if the centre inset portion used lighter or darker glazing.

Again sorry for messing with your pic.

centre-inset.png

There have been some comments re: CIBC being too wide/lousy massing and I speculated that the intended "conceit" of 2 conjoined towers might have worked a bit better if the centre inset portion used lighter or darker glazing.

View attachment 262694
This is what I to had said before, it really needs that (The dark stripe dividing them) to make it “Pop”. But is still beauty non the less

Compared to the rest of the city, it's like critiquing a Picasso.

Seriously, I had to read this before getting some "rest"? I often have an abstract (distracted) expression on my face, but imo this time... you got it wrong.

View attachment 262694

That would have greatly improved it - although that would have been two glass types to get right from the same supplier

...and nothing is completely above criticism. I think it's a good observation.

Last edited:

Back