Toronto Massey Hall Revitalization at the Allied Music Centre | 48.46m | 7s | KPMB

June 20, 2020

20200620_094329.jpg
20200620_094343.jpg
20200620_094409.jpg
20200620_094429.jpg
20200620_094513.jpg
20200620_094525.jpg

The cladding on the rear extension has been put up for last couple of weeks and it looks ptretty good. I wish the MH folk would put some 'renovation updates' on their webpage but ... No doubt covid-19 will mean a delay in completion of this fantastic project, it would be good to know how it's getting on.

On a different note, I assume the external brickwork will all be washed off and tidied up. Yes??

The cladding on the rear extension has been put up for last couple of weeks and it looks ptretty good. I wish the MH folk would put some 'renovation updates' on their webpage but ... No doubt covid-19 will mean a delay in completion of this fantastic project, it would be good to know how it's getting on.

On a different note, I assume the external brickwork will all be washed off and tidied up. Yes??

I think the HIS mentioned that there will be exterior cleaning, but the degree is TBD (at that point). I can't imagine getting away with not doing any particularly on the Shuter facade.

AoD

Reactions: DSC
I am somewhat puzzled that they do not seem to have washed/cleaned the brickwork; I would have expected this would have been done before the 'walkways' are enclosed. I assume they will be doing this, at some point.

I am somewhat puzzled that they do not seem to have washed/cleaned the brickwork; I would have expected this would have been done before the 'walkways' are enclosed. I assume they will be doing this, at some point.

My thought is that perhaps they'll have the all cleaning work completed at the end so it'll also take care of the accumulated dust from the ongoing construction work (?).

Yeah...just think of it as if they're trying to avoid turning it into a make work project.

My thought is that perhaps they'll have the all cleaning work completed at the end so it'll also take care of the accumulated dust from the ongoing construction work (?).
I was thinking of the pressure washing (or something similar) of the external brick to remove decades of grime. - that tends to be quite messy The dusting or vacuuming after all construction is over is much less messy (in fact not at all) but ....

Back