News   Apr 19, 2024
 132     1 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 471     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 659     1 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

The "COVID Alert" app is now available. You can report if you test positive, and it will alert you if you have come into contact with someone who has tested positive (and who has reported that via the app). You do need a key to report that you are positive, so people can't just be jerks and populate it with fake positives.

Some fellow destroyed a pizza display case because he was ticked off that another customer was not wearing a mask.

Meanwhile, the dim bulb in question had his own mask over his chin.

I get being ticked w/the other customer; ideally the person behind the counter would have advised that a mask was required (though if the customer had said 'medical exception' that would have to be accepted)......

But actually starting a fight (or trying to) and destroying property............not helpful.

Not to mention hypocritical when you're foaming at the mouth and your own mask isn't on properly.

MLB might shut down for this season:

Since MLB is becoming incompetent when it comes to pandemic protocols, there's doubts the NFL could even play.

MLB might shut down for this season:

Not surprised. Manfred gave them the benefit of the doubt but now they screwed up and the optics are bad.

The NHL and NBA did things right by creating hubs while the MLB were trying to pretend that the pandemic was not a thing. The MLBPA has nobody to blame but themselves.

Some fellow destroyed a pizza display case because he was ticked off that another customer was not wearing a mask.

Meanwhile, the dim bulb in question had his own mask over his chin.

I get being ticked w/the other customer; ideally the person behind the counter would have advised that a mask was required (though if the customer had said 'medical exception' that would have to be accepted)......

But actually starting a fight (or trying to) and destroying property............not helpful.

Not to mention hypocritical when you're foaming at the mouth and your own mask isn't on properly.

Should be no mask no service, 'medical exception' is BS I don't care why they can't wear a mask. Those people need to stay home. People who do not wear a mask become the Contagions. Retail/restaurant workers are putting their lives and their family’s lives at risk so people can have pizza, burgers, coffee and groceries...etc.

Not surprised. Manfred gave them the benefit of the doubt but now they screwed up and the optics are bad.

The NHL and NBA did things right by creating hubs while the MLB were trying to pretend that the pandemic was not a thing. The MLBPA has nobody to blame but themselves.
Sad that MLS can't even get proper recognition for having run a successful bubble for weeks. :(

I'm in complete agreement w/the sentiment.

Though I wonder if we have a treaty obligation of some kind.

The only thing I could find is a cursory suggestion that American access to the highway must be on the same terms as Canadians.

Supposing my interpretation is correct; I might wonder if we could just close the highway to Canadians and/or set up criteria that would have the effect of closing the highway to Americans.

And I might wonder if we could just tell the Yanks in the Okanagan to go home. And by 'home' I mean gtfo. I'm not allowed to say it here, I'll get banned....but you know what I mean. Slash some tires. Now you get to enjoy the Okanagan until the next mechanics' decide to help you out! :D

Sunrise,

Not anxious, angry.

The two emotions are closely related. :)

You work in trades as I understand.

I do!

Just because you chew-out the guys for being behind schedule on Monday...
I would never ever do this. Schedules and deadlines are the same joke that our drugs laws and highway speed limits are. :)

I understand your stance now, I was just wondering if there was a specific moment that changed your outlook. It seems it's just a general feeling. That's fine.

Sad that MLS can't even get proper recognition for having run a successful bubble for weeks. :(

Welcome to NA. Where people think baseball is a legitimate thing and pussy* rugby is celebrated. I don't understand it either.

*potential ban trigger. Get your reading in now.

Now, even the Cardinals have players tested positive for COVID-19 and the Marlins are going to play ball on Tuesday:

I have a good feeling that there might not be any baseball in the next few weeks.

Now, even the Cardinals have players tested positive for COVID-19 and the Marlins are going to play ball on Tuesday:

I have a good feeling that there might not be any baseball in the next few weeks.

If we have another outbreak I can see them shutting the season down at the risk of being sued by the players.

Back